Laser Hair Removal Success for women with pcos?

Hi. This is my first time posting. Is there anyone out there with PCOS who has tried laser hair removal with success? I’m looking into doing it, but I’m concerned that with the hormonal imbalance that the laser won’t work.

Help!

You know, it’s not so much that the laser won’t work with PCOS clients, but that we play this endless catch-up game with hair growth. It is a very frustrating condition, both for the client and the practitioner, be it with electrolysis or laser. I urge my clients to be seen by an endocrinologist who specializes in PCOS for a complete work-up. Clients must take the meds that are prescribed, and keep taking them. PCOS isn’t really something you can get rid of, but rather a condition that you attempt to control with medication and sometimes diet. If my client is not treated, or not taking medication, then the best we can hope for is temporary removal of the hair that is present, but the hormone imbalance will cause new terminal hair growth. I have had clients that get wonderful results with laser that can last maybe one or two years, and then brand new growth rears its ugly head. As I said, an incredibly frustrating situation. :frowning:

Thanks so much Hairfetish. I’ve gone to an endocrinologist and it was recommended that I go on a medication in addition to birth control. I’ve been hesitant to do so as I was hoping working on my diet alone would solve the problem. But I may have to bite the bullet and be on the meds.

Maybe in conjunction with the above I’ll try the laser hair removal. I’m just feeling pretty desperate right now beacuse I’ve been managing my symptoms for 18 years and I’m now scaring with the waxing I’ve been doing - because the hair gets ingrown - and well I’m just sick of this.

I really appreciate your comments. I’ll let you know if the laser helps - I have an appointment next week.

:smile: