Laser Hair removal on eyebrows

I recently had my second session of laser hair removal on my eyebrows. Except this time I got the lady to widen the gap a little bit. After I got home I realised that the gap between my eyebrows was to big and that I didnt want the gap to be that big. Can someone please advice if the hair will grow back in the middle or will the gap that has been done be permanent. It was only my second session so I am hoping it will not be a permanent gap.

Your advice will be much appreciated :slight_smile:

Not sure why this question is in the do it yourself electrolysis forum. It shouldn’t be a permanent gap after so few sessions. Laser on the eyebrows is highly discouraged, it’s way too inaccurate to do there you should be doing electrolysis. Laser is not fine enough to be able to target the fine areas of the eyebrow which is what you just experienced.

Actually, eyebrows are a very delicate area for hair removal. The folliclular structures are so delicate that it is one are where plucking can even cause permanent hair removal due to the high probability that the scar tissue that builds up chokes off the ability of the follicle to grow hair.

You may be stuck with this.

How possible is it that one thing done one time would cause the eyebrows not to grow back? In the movie Pink Floyd’s The Wall, Bob Geldof, as the title character, has to shave his eyebrows off on screen. The movie took out a million dollar Lloyd’s of London policy to pay him off should his eyebrows NOT grow back after filming of that scene.

Hi James,

Thankyou for your post. I was just wondering if laser had the same theory as electrolysis in where the hair that was dormant at the time and the hairs that were dormat would grow back.

Or does laser kill the dormat hairs as well???

I am 27 years old and and hope that my hair keeps growing as I read somewhere that all hair does not stop growing until you are 30 years old…

The gap doesnt look ridiculous but it is a bit more then I bargained for…

By the way I have the bushiest coarse eyebrows, I wouldnt describe the hair there as delicate, will this make a difference?

Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated.

I am pretty sure laser doesn’t kill dormant hairs. It only gets hairs in the “anagen phase” or growing stage. Of course, one can never know how many of the hairs were in which stage. I think only time will tell.

It does not kill dormant hairs it’s impossible. It can’t kill a hair that’s not physically there and dormant hair is not there…

Hi thanks so much for your response. Im glad they will grow back… I really dont know what to do in regards to not doing anymore laser on them though. Next time I will check the shape before I let her laser the eyebrows. I have had lots and lots of electrolysis on my face and it doesnt ever seem to be any different. I just have an usuall amount of hair on my face and after two sessions of laser I can already see more a difference then a year of electrolysis. I just dont know what to do… I need laser to make my eyebrows actually look good, but at the same time I do not want to risk having a bad gap again. I might just ask her to do the middle and give myself 2mm on each middle end of my eyebrow so I have some leverage and so the gap is not to big…

I know lots of people will say do electrolysis, but for my individual case it is not an option and there is just to much hair there…

Does anyone have any suggestions??? Does anyone know anything about alkaline washes as maybe an alternative??? are alkaline washes permanent???

Thanks Edokid, James W. Walker VII and Dfahey for your replies, greatly appreciated…

There really shouldn’t be too much hair there for electrolysis since you’re only cleaning them up and not removing the whole thing. You may want to just find another place to go then since electrolysis in general is usually more guaranteed than laser is. The problem with laser is that it’s just too inaccurate and way too big for an area that requires such precision. It’s like going to get a hair cut and having the hair dresser use 2 foot long gardening shears to do it. A small spot size would be required to be somewhat accurate but the problem is the smaller you go the less deep the laser can reach so it may not hit the root to kill it. My advice would be to find another electrologist and try again. It’s just way more accurate since you’re removing one hair at a time and can immediately see the results you’ll have, vs shaving the area and then firing a big laser at it and having to wait until the hair sheds to see what happened.