Laser hair removal London- Urgent help needed :(

Hi guys!

I recently joined this forum as it came up a lot on my searches, and I need help with hair removal advice. Hopefully, the experienced people here will give me the best advice they can, and guide me to the correct path, as I am really, really afraid to go to people who advertise themselves heavily, invest a lot of time and money, and end up with poor, to heaven forbid, bad results.

A little background about myself:

I am 23 years-old girl of Mediterranean decent, I would say my skin is an IV, but on the fair side. Previous dermatologists have told me “it is on the fair but there is pigment beneath it”, but I’m not sure what that is supposed to mean. The intensity of the hair varies from one place to another. However, I am embarking on a full body laser project and I want to be completely hairless. I’m going to break this down into each body part and the intensity of the hair on each:

Note, all hairs are black, even vellus.

Previous methods used: I have waxed my arms, underarms and legs a couple of times 2-3 years ago, but it was mainly shaving.
I know this is too much information already, but I am sick, and tired of having to go to a lot of events with 12mp+ cameras zooming in your face/body and with hair showing in the pictures. I’m so sick of the traditional methods.

My questions are:

• What are the recommended places for Laser in London (UK) that will start me at the highest possible powers and continue from there, as opposed to places that have the “gradual increase” strategy? So far I am looking at places that have the Nd:yag or the Cynosure Elite. Laser Active only use GentleYag. I was thinking The Angel Clinic or the Royal Free? I also had Sk:n in mind, however, the online reviews put me off. I called Premier Laser and the receptionist was male, I felt uncomfortable with him giving me details on laser for the private areas…etc. Actually, I had read a complaint online on that as well.

• For places with finer hair (face, entire chest area, back, back of legs) is electrolysis a better method or the Cynosure Elite machine? I heard the Cynosure Elite machine works on the finer hairs, however, I am not sure about whether it just reduces or gets rid of them for good?

• If electrolysis is a better option, can anyone here recommend someone? I’ve already been to Sharon at Parkside for a consultation and she accepted to do the sides of my face and upper lip only, and not the entire face. She said the throbe she has is not fine enough for the vellus hairs I am also looking to remove. I found another lady called Elaine Stoddart who said the vellus hairs can be removed as well, however, she is in Buckinghamshire and I don’t have the time to go there for electrolysis. She recommended a lady called Melissa, who is closer to London (in the North).

Oh, I’ve always had complete check-ups and blood tests done twice a year, I have no problems with hormones or anything. All balanced.

Looking forward to your input everyone, I’d also appreciate any additional information. Please feel free.

Thank you :slight_smile:

S