Laser hair removal @ home

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the following…I have been looking into prices of laser hair removal for my legs and shoulders…seems that after the several treatments necessary the cost could run well over 1,000 USD for complete satisfaction…

Thats when i considered buying a laser hair removal device for home use 1,300 usd to 2,000 usd depending on spec

Seems to me that over time it adds up to the same cost, but allows you remove hair inthe convenience of your own home

Wouldnt be suitable for areas one cant see (back etc on men), but seems ok for legs etc?

Does anyone have any thoughts on these products effetiveness and also risks to me injuring myself through not using properely

I attached the link of the product i found…

http://www.global-electrolysis-supply.com/Laser_Equipment_Packages.htm

Thanks!

Hi Louise–

Global Electrolysis Supply is a scam company selling scam products. There is nothing in their catalog worth buying.

Their supposed hair removal lasers are nothing more than laser pointer type devices.

At this time there are no home-use lasers available for consumers, although several companies are pushing for prescription-use devices, where you get the parameters set by a doctor and do it on yourself at home (like the low-powered 7.5 Joule flash lamp SpaTouch by Radiancy).

For more on the scum at Global Electrolysis Supply, please see:

Hairfacts: Global Electrolysis Supply (WARNING!)

Hairfacts: Global Electrolysis Supply consumer complaints

[ November 10, 2002, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Andrea ]

Oh, I should add the following disclaimer appears on their site:

Global Electrolysis Supply: Terms of Use

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Important notes regarding Laser Safety and CDRH Classifications: Diode Laser Modules and Power Systems (LaserTec D.M. 1000, Simed s.r.l., and Actus 15 systems) are sold solely as unspecified components for O.E.M. use. The modules do not include safety shutter or other features required for a certified laser system. Therefore, these units do not meet CDRH safety requirements and are not CDRH listed or certified. It is the purchaser’s responsibility to meet applicable federal regulations contained in Title 21 CFR parts 1000 and 1040.10 chapter 1, subchapter Radiological Health. Although these systems are linked directly to information regarding laser hair removal. they are not specified as medical lasers. Should the customer use one of these systems for hair removal, it is done at their own risk. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Absolutely pathetic, aren’t they? Makes you wonder what happened to them as children to make them act this way towards other people.

[ November 10, 2002, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: Andrea ]

[ November 10, 2002, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: Jgirl76 ]

Wowsers…

thanks very much for that
could have been a very expensive mistake!