laser and teens?

Hi,
Is there anyone out there between the ages of 13 and 19 who have had laser treatments? I sure would like to know how your experience was and your outcome. My daughter is 14 with lots of hair on her body. I desperately want to help her with this problem. I know that being a teen and having too much hair can seem like the center of your universe.
She has had two treatments. One with Yag machine and one with (? can’t remember the machine). The first cost $99 canadian and the second $125. First left no marks and said the hair would fall out. She noticed nothing. Second left black little scabs. (Bikini Line). She goes again on Nov 15 at a Doctors’ office. $99 using an Alexandrite machine. First said every 3 weeks. This new one says every 6-8 weeks. There is just so much variation in info and cost. It’s hard to weed out what is right.

It can be hard to gauge effectiveness in teenagers, since their hair is affected by significant ongoing hormonal changes. The most important thing is practitioner skill. The right settings are more important than the machine used.

I recommend continuing to get work done in inconspicuous areas until the practitioner has a good idea of the right settings, then work on larger areas.

PS: You are a cool mom.

please read the sticky post on this forum that has the FAQs with correct information about LHR. There are many misinformed people there. Correct treatments won’t leave any marks and are spaced 6-8 weeks apart. Yag lasers are for darker skin and alexandrite for lighter skin. Please read that document and posts on this forum for more information. If you have specific questions about your daughter’s situation, please provide us with her skin and hair color and your location (someone might know a good tech in your area).