Large pores or just normal?

Hi all,

I have had electrolysis on my chest - the last time I had it was in 2019.

I have some more clearances to go, as I still get hairs .

I have noticed recently some large white holes (pores) in the skin, some are flat brown too.

Some have stuff in them and some don’t.

Then there are those that have partial hairs coming out so they look like black dots but actually need some clearance.

I have posted a couple of pics to give an idea -sorry these aren’t super clear.

I just wanted to ask if these open pores are just where the hair was and if they can be closed again? Some are flat brown/orange so I’m guessing it’s pigmentation.

As I’m getting pimples (some with water some around hairs), I used stacked skincare exfoliate to cleanse the area.

I am due to have fraxel for some sun spots on my chest in a few weeks and I’m wondering if that would help with any of the flat/brown pigment of hair follicles too.

Any advice most welcome!

Thanks

It’s not that I dont believe you, ( I definitely do) but I cant see the spots you are talking about in the photos. Either the photos arent close enough or my eyes not good enough. Are you able to get anything closer or clearer?. It doesnt sound like concern,a nd will resolve in time. There may be little ingrown that need to be extracted, or debris fromt he treatment or even tombstones. If there is hyperpigmentation this always resolves. As for the “little holes” I cant see them, so I cant tell you very much.

I’ve fiddled with the values (Photoshop) and that might better illustrate your concerns. Post-op electrolysis always creates temporary (harmless) manifestation, because full-depth skin has been destroyed (all the way down to the sub-dermis). I think people here will address each one of your concerns … but, overall you’re just fine. (Note: your photo is gigantic 40 X 30 and took ages to download. If you can, reduce the size of your photo before posting it … (Fraxel for “sun spots?” Not aware that’s the common laser used for that … I’m not an expert at all in this area but you should notify the laser operator of your past electrolysis treatments.)

Thank you both.

I am uploading another pic (hopefully smaller in size!).

This is basically what the empty pores look like

Oh, it’s a thing! Fraxel resurfaces and takes away pigmentation. (Sun spots, I’m not touching those post electrolysis as I know these heal) however, I used to bleach the hairs in my youth and I think some of the follicles got pigmented as a result …

It’s been over two years and I guess this may just be my pores .

Sorry this one…

I did more “fiddling” and this probably over-accentuates your concerns. Again, nothing to worry about. I’m probably a bit brutal, but whenever I’m treating the body, I tell my clients that they will have “alligator skin” for a while until the entire healing process is complete … and, that’s a whole year post-op!

Thank you.

I suppose it’s been over two years and the skin is still like this - although it’s not all cleared. Is it better to complete the entire process and then wait for complete healing before doing anything to the area (including fraxel)?

Thanks again - appreciate it.

Specifically, what I assumed I’m seeing is (normal) dead tissue left-over in the follicle that will slowly make its way out of the skin. Imaging that an entire column of skin (the follicle) has been killed. There is no way all the dead material can be extracted when a hair is epilated. In fact, the dead follicle remains in the skin and the hair separates from the dead follicle. This material forms the “dark little pore” that you are seeing … especially on white skin. (Never see this on dark skin … for obvious reasons.) And there can be some “yellow marking” because of the type of skin pigment you produce. Again, absolutely no problem at all …

Now, as you say, “a whole year post-op,” then I suspect that these are remnants of the sebaceous gland. Basically “black heads.” I see this occasionally and I extract them with my tweezer. You can treat these like normal black heads and I have not seen these return once extracted.

I think that whatever you do … not much is going to degrade your skin. I know some estheticians offer “body facials” and this extracts a lot of “junk” from the skin. Perhaps one of our colleagues here can better explain the process. Maybe even have such a treatment before laser?

Perfect. Thank you. This really helps in understanding how the skin works.

Can I purchase your book on this through you or a specific site?

No need to purchase my books … the documents that will help you are free on the website: www.electrologynow.com

Just go to the “books” or “free stuff” (I forgot what we called it) and you can download the PDF booklets … maybe the one called “You Skin” (again I’ve forgotten the exact title). Damned, I getting like “you know who” … old, feeble and “losing it!”

Okay, I checked it. Download “Secrets of your Skin and Hair” and “the Wound Module.” Those might answer a few of your questions?

Thank you so much! I will have a look- this really is very helpful

Puja

My mother went to the beautiful Vedanta temple in Santa Barbara … so, I know the meaning of “Shanti” and that is what I hope for you! https://vedanta.org/santa-barbara-temple/#

Thank you!

:pray: