Laguno comedones

I need some opinions please:

My wife has always suffered from oily skin, as a teenager she had quite bad acne. Present day and from time to time her pores become blocked with what looks like sebum. On closer inspection however and I’m talking much closer I can see that there isn’t just sebum, there are also a collection of tiny tiny hairs that are mixed in and held together in the sebum (laguno comedone) Don’t bother googling this it doesn’t come up. I originally read about it in a book that was published way back by Mr Hinkel and and Mr Lind.

These hairs don’t have roots at all and must be getting their nourishment from the sebaceous gland. I remember reading about this and that this is how some hairs actually start their lives?

Anyway here’s my question
I’m trying to convince her to let me treat these with a view to getting rid of them permanently and maybe improving her skin? I’m thinking pico with just enough energy to close the pore. I’d say follicle but I don’t think these qualify as follicle just yet. I do wonder about what will happen as the years progress and menopause has it’s effect and the hairs come under the influence of increasing testosterone as is sometimes the case. I’m guessing they will become stronger and develop a root and maybe take on some pigment? If that’s the case it makes sense to get them now. She already has the odd hair here and there which I’ve treated.

I only charge her half my rate because she is my wife after all :wink:

Opinions please…

Interesting!

I also have oily skin (and had acne) and get the occasional comedone… small, skin coloured lumps. I mistook them for milia.

During my most recent trip to Josefa, she informed me that these were not milia and removed them in two seconds with a hypodermic needle. The hardened sebum was removed and a few days later the skin looked perfect.

I’m wondering if hairs were also present…

The spelling is LANUGO Follizap, plenty results including pictures on Google.
I’m not sure whether i would treat these - I’d need to see them. If they are not follicles as such then you could end up with the appearance of deeper, wider follicles?
Would your wife and you think about a peel maybe?
June x

hhahahahaha that would account for why nothing came up. What makes you think they could end up looking deeper or wider. I was thinking that maybe they would close/heal across…

Not sure really. If they are miniature follicles is it possible that the, already quite open ‘pore’ (of an oily skin) will degranulate and look bigger?

Hi,

I have the same problem your wife does. Have the treatments been successful? Thanks so much.

Any chance you are talking about sebaceous hyperplasia?

Different thing altogether Barbara, unless I’m mistaken.
Good picture.

I have these, but on the exterior of my nose! They look like black dots, but on closer inspection, they are tiny hairs ._.

Would electrology work on them?

I think it would. Maybe post a wee picture?

Mine are kinda like this