Know of any doctors in the EU willing to prescribe these meds for hirsutism?

Spiro or finasteride or dutasteride. Apparently hirsutism is a super rare problem and I can’t find anyone
who will prescribe. I’m in EU so any EU doctor will do.

This is a super dead part of hairtell lol but I’m calling out anyway

1 Like

Hirsutism is not rare at all. You should see an endocrinologist, OBGYN or dermatologist and they can prescribe spironolactone. For hair removal I recommend electrolysis or laser. Wishing you the best.

Already saw a derm and an endo PROFESSOR. Well where I live they have never heard of a case like mine and refuse spironolactone :)))))
I wouldn’t be asking here if I hadn’t already tried everything. Thanks for treating me like I’m stupid like all those doctors did

Sorry they have dismissed you! Sounds like they are unfamiliar. Do you have irregular periods? If so, I would recommend looking into Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and maybe getting a diagnosis for that. Sadly, hirsutism and PCOS are dismissed all over the world. It’s a major problem. Check out pcoschallenge.com and pcosaa.org. Otherwise without a physician to prescribe the Spironolactone there is no way I know of to get it.

I don’t have PCOS - my ovary ultrasound came back perfect. Currently investigating non classic congenital adrenal hyperplasia. I’m hoping if I get an actual diagnosis doctors will take me more seriously. I have two more doctors lined up to try.
I know I need a prescription for spiro to get it - that’s exactly why I asked here if anyone knows of a dr who would be willing to prescribe. The doctors I saw so far refused even after I showed them legit scientific studies. Well, one of them refused to even look at those :)))
So, yeah, having a great time and feeling super heard and understood. Not beginning to hate doctors at all
/s

Sorry that’s very upsetting and frustrating. If you rule out non classical congenital adrenal hyperplasia, PCOS does not require you to have cysts on your ovaries. If you have hirsutism and irregular cycles, that is enough for a proper diagnosis. A functional medicine practitioner would be my next recommendation.