Knees

I’m posting this because I want to do something about it.

Over the years I have pulled the hairs out of my knees which probably weren’t coarse, they were thin and fine but probably plucking them with fingers made some grow coarse. I didn’t realise at first as I was quite young but then I guess it just grew into a habit.

Now my knees look horrid because after the bone where it turns into the lower leg, there are tiny ingrowns and if I look at my legs from above then all I can see are dark kneees, which looks unsightly.

I have tried exfoliating to see if it helps, and moisturing makes it looks normal-ler I guess, but I want to really improve them.

What should I do? Do you think laser could help? Apart from that, what can I do to make them look nice and normal?

Apart from that my lower legs have dark patches too due to epilating. I wish I never did it now. That is why I haven’t touched my thighs, despite being full of hair, I don’t want to try waxing, epilating or any other similar ways of removing hair and of course elctrolysis would be almost impossible in the UK.

Hope I can get some tips for skin care and improving them fast and naturally.

Thanks.

I’d like to ask the following:

Develop some kind of activity that support your knees on the floor?

What do you mean by that? How will it help? Thanks.

Well, let’s see, any activity where you support your knees on the ground, help to activate a defense mechanism in the skin on your knees. Working in the garden, clean the floor, etc… I’ve seen this phenomenon in one knee of one of my clients. She used every morning to tie the laces of the shoes of her child, resting one knee on the ground. The callus that occurs on the skin, prevents hair to surface and becomes trapped.

From what I have read here, If you have the right skin and hair types, laser could help. Your skin has the capacity to fully recover, but it will take time, and complete non interference by mechanical means.

Honestly, a few months of moisturizing and exfoliating will help a lot. You won’t get results super quickly obviously because cell-turnover just doesn’t happen that fast. You gotta basically wait to “regrow” all the skin on your knees.

You can also look into creams that inhibit pigment in the skin (used for removing acne scars and freckles and things like that). Some of the more effective ones (hydroquinone) give results pretty quickly or you can go with something a bit gentler (kojic acid for example). Of course you’d have to stay out of the sun 100% while using these.

I hardly ever put my knees on the floor, so I doubt it could be that, it was probably due to my poor handling of knees.

Thank you. I should be starting laser soon. Just waiting for the right time once the test patch starts growing again.

Can you recommend any good exfoliating products? I have tried some from the Body shop but do I use it with my hand, use a glove, use a brush? Thanks to all for replying btw.

In the “hardly” is the difference between a perfect knee and the other is not. This image shows the difference. The right knee is injured repeatedly, whereas the left does not. Friction keeps filing the hair on the skin surface, preventing their treatment.

I can’t see any images.