Keep that blade sharp forever

I found this on another forum and thought I’d share it with you all. You can read the whole post to see what others have to say HERE

I use expensive razor blades the Mach 3 blades. Darn things are expensive haha. Anyway, if you want to make 1 blade last 6-8 months or close to it, Yep 1 blade can last that long, all you have to do is blow dry the blade once you have finished using it. Clean it the same way by running it under water just blow dry it dry before setting it back into it’s carriage.

Water is what makes them get dull, not our beard hair. Small rust develops on the edge making them get dull. I am using the same blade since September and it is still very sharp and doesn’t cut me.

Another way to make them last is to dip them in alcohol to wick away the water. Alcohol will dry and not rust them. So perhaps some of you that are blow dryer challenged can use some old aftershave or rubbing alcohol.

Now take that Gillette and shove your high priced razor blades you know where

lol you are right
so expensive the blades and I can only used them 2-3 times

Hmm. Definitely something for me to try out soon. Thanks! (looks like one of those things that makes sense but you don’t think of 'till someone else mentions it) :stuck_out_tongue:

Blates gonna try this one!

I use Gillette Fusion Blades and it always stings when I have to go and buy another load of them pretty much every month!

Thanks for the info~

Kind regards,
Benji

I’ve read this in other places too. I have started to try it. I usually go through about a blade every 1.5 weeks. I use a sensor excel to shave my chest, upper arms, shoulders, and beard.

I started dousing my blade in alcohol immediately after use, then blowing it off with my mouth because I’m too lazy to use a blow dryer. Then storing it in mineral oil. It seems to be doing the trick. I’ll post in about a month to let everyone know how it’s working.

Thanks Chuck, would be great to hear if it really works.

Regards,
Benji