Keep getting this reaction on upper lip from electrolysis, is it okay?

I previously had an electrologist do my chin and she did an amazing job. I would get some white heads and a very few small raised red spots for a day or two. She retired. I struggled to find someone new around here who uses blend as I don’t do well on the other methods. I found someone and have gone 3 times, once a month, for mostly my upper lip now, with some touch ups on the chin. Each time she has done it I am left with tons of scabs and redness and raised marks for at least 7 days. With what seems to be perhaps a bit of purple-ish hyperpigmentation, (not sure yet about small raised scars, hard to tell) as a result.This last time she did it was the worst in terms of pain and reaction, despite her saying she went even lower - and is on a mild to low setting. I also noticed that most of the hairs don’t glide out. I asked her about that and she said my skin is dehydrated and that’s why. (Never had that issue with my chin.) This is my face 36 hours later after a 30 minute treatment, lots of icing too as it was puffing up. Also, my last electrologist who did my chin, I had more hair there and I was half way done with my treatment at 3 times. It only took 6 visits to be mostly done. 3 treatments in on the upper lip and no change.

Questions: Is this normal for the upper lip? What could be the cause? Do I need to find someone else or give up on electrolosys with my upper lip? Will this scar? And what can I do to keep this from scarring or leaving hyperpigmentation? How do I care for it? Thank you so much.

It looks more red, and more raised than the photo shows. )=

36 hrs later is too soon for hyperpigmentation. These look like healing and inflammation and tiny scabs. They should heal just fine. Lip is a lot more sensitive than chin. However, the hairs should slide out if they are properly killed, and you should see fewer hairs over time. 3 monthly visits is around the right time to see an improvement.

To me, it looks like a tiny little bit of overtreatment. Not too much though, and yes, this should heal with no problem. If your skin was dry indeed before the treatment then the electrologyst would need to use higher settings (as there is very little effect produced by current in a dry follicle) which, in turn, would cause scabs formation.
Didn’t your electrologyst explain how to care for your skin post treatment?
If the area is dry then apply aloe vera 2-3 times a day. Don’t pick the crusts, otherwise you risk getting permanent scarring or pitting, wait till they fall off naturally. Apply SPF before going outside for at least two weeks after treatment - this way you will avoid possible pigmentation. Don’t have next treatment until your skin returns to normal completely.
To make future treatments more comfortable hydrate your skin from within by drinking a lot of water - not only right before the treatment but in general. Moisturise the area regularly. Avoid caffeine on the day, and come for your next session well rested, not hungry, and in a balanced mood.
If you still feel your practitioner is pulling your hair out then definitely look for someone else. It’s fine if you feel tugging only occasionally, but if this happens constantly then they are not doing the job right.