Just shaved my chest for the first time in ages...

I never do it simply because of the PAIN of it growing back, that and it never looks good for longer then 4 hours.

Anyways, I took some of the advice I have found on here and tried again. Namely, I used the Edge Progel Tough Beard formula and a new Mach 3 Turbo. I did it in the shower after letting the hot water soak in. I shaved very gently and carefully against the grain and washed the blade out after every 2 to 3 strokes.

The shaving went very smoothly and I was not even bleeding a little anywhere when I was done, which was a definite improvement over past shaving. Immediately after gently towel drying, I applied some Johnsons Baby Oil everywhere I shaved and then some Jergen’s Shave minimizer. My skin was incredibly soft and felt great… GOD I WISH IT WAS ALWAYS LIKE THAT.

This was last night and its been nearly 24 hours. When I got up this morning, after my shower I applied some more baby oil and jergens. Usually by now I’m scratching the skin off my chest because it itches so bad, but I actually am doing pretty good. I’m not touching my chest at all to avoid irritating it. So It seems that the above combination has worked pretty well to control the itching and such, but we’ll see over the next 24 hours.

One trick I’ve found is to use Nair 4 minute baby oil formula (let it stand for 8 to 10 minutes on tough hair). After you have removed the Nair, use a razor in the shower to finish up. Works well for me, but can be tricky.

However, the routine you discuss is also a good one.

Maybe you need to go for laser.

Moisturizer between shaves really helps, too, and exfoliating with a good scrub in the shower.

If you have dark hair, one or two laser treatments will make shaving a lot easier and will make the results from shaving a lot better.

RJC2001