Just got an old one touch system — safe?

Hi,

I just bought a one-touch system but the box says it is from 1991. They said it was new, but the box was open. I have never done diy electrolysis, and I’m only doing this because it has been a surprising challenge getting electrolysis covered in the bay. I have done, gosh, probably between 100 and 200 hours of electrolysis professionally, but now I don’t seem to have any option to get it covered for who knows how long, and I’ve been trying for about a year up here, so here we are. I’m just wondering if this system is even okay to use since it is like 30 years old at this point. I’m guessing i should disinfect it first— would just like alcohol pads or hand sanitizer work? Thanks so much! I’m a trans and I need to get the little strays off which have been coming back more than I’m comfortable with.

Thanks!

Veronica

Good luck. I think you will end up frustrated with this archaic equipment, but it may be just what you need.

To be honest, I don’t think the one touch has changed at all since 1991. It’s a very simple device. As long as it looks in good condition with no corrosion or damage, I don’t see why it wouldn’t work as well as the current models.

Your biggest challenge will be using the machine, which is challenging with newer models as well. I’d definitely set up a sponge foot pedal - it will make your life much easier.

Personally I like the one touch. It is finicky to use but it does work. Be open to some minor scarring as it can easily happen. Doesn’t really bother me but it is not acceptable to everyone

You comments are correct. DC treatments have changed little over the past 100-years. I still think making your own unit would be WAY better and cheaper. I already have all the components to show how to do this: with a DC meter and “pot” (up-down dial), power supply: a simple 9V battery. Add to it a real needle cord (and use real needles) and you would have a legitimate unit for less than $50.

You are also right about potential scar formation. DC-Galvanic creates a somewhat consistent column of destruction that can, later, be seen as a tiny white dot. (Hinkel often remarked about this: “If you stretch the skin, you can sometimes see the tiny white dots.”)

Thermolysis, by contrast and done correctly, keeps the destruction below the visible skin. Actually, Thermolysis can be the best treatment and, because of the potential for misuse, the worst treatment. That’s probably why you don’t see DIY Thermolysis units generally promoted?

Totally off subject, but I finally made the papers! That’s me in the photo a couple night ago … just before our (ocean) Christmas parade. Yeah, I’m “feeling the spirit” … hope you are too.

Sir, did you post a tutorial on how to make the DIY electrolysis device somewhere? Thank you.