Jane Austen

Not directed toward (against) anyone in particular (necessarily), but I found this nice quote today:

“Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us.”
… Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Or as my mother used to say to me: “Michael, always be humble because you have a lot to be humble about!”

Pride and Prejudice is the ultimate movie for “chick’s” ! I own two copies!

Three of the greatest pieces of work on earth, hold a place of high regard in my office.

If I ever own another dog it will be a difficult decision on whether to name him - Colin Firth or Michael Bono. I may have to name him Mr. Michael Darcy?

Do not forget this masterpiece, Dee Dee.

Both authors have two things in common. The first is that Jane, like our Michael, was ahead of her time. The second is the use of a single small dose of satire that increases the value of any text.

EEEEEKKKKK … you girls! Quit it! I’m going off the Fjord now, or maybe the warf? I need a pill of some sort …

Your mother would be proud, Michael, in you there is no drop of pride, not a shadow of prejudice.

WAY off subject and hope you don’t mind.

I saw “Maleficent” last night and expected to see a typical brainless movie. (Still, I DO like brainless … I went to see “Godzilla,” and it was ggggggreat; but stupid!)

If you can get beyond the “obligatory” CGI special effects, “Maleficent” is a must see … especially for girls. None of the characters are predictable; in fact they are complicated. I would even say it’s a terrific “chick flick” and I loved it! This film will influence young girls in a positive way.

This is not just a “strong macho-woman kicking ass” or an “anti-male women’s lib” sort of thing. There is a subtle shift in approach here that was new to me, and deserves our attention.

Dont want to intrude here, but having seen Mr Bono talking about movies, i make also a recomandation : “Noah”.

Its not a fanatical religious, i know mr bono is atheist, but more a movie about human nature and what is good and bad in it.

GREAT movie.

Maleficent is actually a movie I had planned on seeing! I hate the Hollywood crap that passes as “art”, but I can do Disney, with a clear conscience.

I may see Noah based on your recommendation, hairyguy, but prior to that I had no interest.

And Jossie, I DO HAVE Michaels book ‘Telangiectasia’! Forgot about that one! I have his DVD ‘Telangitron’, too! How could I forget those!