IT BEGINS NOW!~

Sounds very promising to me as well. Hopefully your experience continues to be above your expectations. :slight_smile:

Just a quick update: Today I had my full bikini/perianal and underarms done, first treatment.
My underarms were re-treated because a lot of the lighter hairs didnā€™t shed. 25 joules on underarms, 20 on the rest with some 25 on a few spots that werenā€™t taking.

Everything is red! My tech is wonderful.
Iā€™ll update more later.

What is your skin type? Was was the spot size used? The only way they can use 25J on GentleLASE is if they lower the spot size from 18mm to 15mm. Max on 18mm is 20j.

Skin type II. Spot size was 15mm I am pretty sure, Iā€™ll ask her when she calls me in 3 weeks to see if I need touchups.

She drew a grid on the area, and also used a magnifying glass during the treatment. I used a BLT numbing cream. Took about an hour. It hurt, but not enough to squirm over. :stuck_out_tongue:

After treatment, every single pore was swollen and red. Still a bit of redness around the follicle left today.

What IS the highest setting for 15mm? She used 20 joules on my bikini area because it was my first treatment, but definitely will go up next time. 25 was used on underarms because the hairs that didnā€™t shed from the previous clinic were on the lighter side. She also extended my belly region for free!

On 15mm, max is 30J, which is pretty much the equivalent of 18mm and 20J.

One more questionā€¦ Should I be able to easily pull out all of the treated hairs on the surface of my skin at this point?

You were treated yesterday? Hairs wonā€™t easily come out until at least day 7-10 but even then itā€™s not ā€œeasyā€ I find, some will be easier than others but itā€™s usually around the 10-14 day mark.

Thanks for the input. Yes, I was treated just yesterday. So far so good! My tech said that she would like to go up to 30j next time.

Ohh, another thing I noticed was that she changed out the laser head (or whatever itā€™s called) every so often during my treatment. She said this was because sometimes a hair might get trapped inside it and waste some of the laserā€™s energy. Iā€™m glad she is efficient!

Changed the laser head? Iā€™ve never heard of that or seen that before at all. If sheā€™s changing spot size from 15mm to 18mm then sheā€™d have to do that and then re-insert it into the machine for it to prime it and for the new spot size. But if sheā€™s just changing the laser guard, no idea what that would be for or why there would be hair trapped inside it when you should have been shaved before and have no hair anywhere near byā€¦

theā€¦ plastic looking clear orange/yellow thing on the tip of the laser. i dont think she meant ā€œtrapped hairā€ as in hair that was being treated, but more like a stray hair from your head. or dust particles getting trapped in it.

Thatā€™s just the guide that keeps the laser the correct distance away from your skin. Never heard of or seem them change it mid treatment before though, no idea!

ihatebodyhair, the industry is divided on that issue. Some believe 18mm spot size is more effective regardless.

nbd, you need to give it 3 weeks for shedding to complete. And it usually doesnā€™t start until a week or more out. Try not to shave meanwhile and exfoliate.

Iā€™ve only been treated a few times with GentleLASE, face, underarms and forearms never had it changed, interesting. Apogee Elite doesnā€™t have a changeable one, itā€™s built into the handpiece and isnā€™t a window itā€™s just basically like a 2 inch stick that keeps it the correct distance from the skinā€¦ which can sometimes not be so great such as when they do your fingers, Iā€™ve had then have the distance gauge part way down the side of my finger when firing so you really feel that pulse since itā€™s much closer!

lol it is SO hard not to shave. D:

Hi everyone! It has nearly been 3 weeks since I had my treatment for full bikini + IC and underarms. Pretty much everything has shed (sooo nice) except for a few odd hairs that I will get touched up soon.

A lot of pepperspots around my bikini line, and also I am just now noticing that I have some very blonde hairs (literally white-blonde) in this area that obviously didnā€™t take to the laser. IDK where these hairs came from because everything else is literally brown/black haha.

You donā€™t really need a touchup unless there is more than 5-10% missed or if itā€™s free and you want the pepperspots burned off (you can also exfoliate).

Hi. Thanks for keeping a log of your experiences. Iā€™m searching for a place to have electrolysis done in Orlando, so your shared experience helps a lot. (PS, Iā€™m searching for some one to do the male genital area)

Hi everyone, I did not forget about you!
Been quite busy with school and whatnot. However, in the meantime I have endured and clenched my teeth and squirmed through a total of 5 laser treatments.

The settings vary per area, somewhere around 25-30j on 15mm.
I think 20j are used around my very inner bikini area bc the skin is rather dark (ya i know, gross), and still Iā€™ve been burned a couple times even with such a low settingā€¦ unfortunate, but heals quickly with no scarring, no big.
I donā€™t desire full clearance in this area anyway. To be honest, even 50-60% of what I started with would be a miracle, when I think back to just a year agoā€¦ Horrid, horrid stubble. Scars everywhere. Iā€™m pleased to say that a considerable amount of ingrown hair scarring has cleared up!

The only thing that seems to be growing back as of now are very fine, light brown hairs, which arenā€™t thick enough to be effected i think. Everything sheds, I havenā€™t needed 3-week touchups although my technician always calls to ask.

The only area I have doubts about would be the ā€˜happy trailā€™. My tech is kind enough to throw this area in for free (I think she felt bad for me when she saw it, haha) when she does my bikini, but the hair is quite fine (the problem here is density) and I will probably get electrolysis here + basically my whole stomach after I complete all of my laser sessions.

My plan is to wait 10 or so weeks after my 6th session to see if I desire any more. Excluding anything i suppose outside a thong, my bikini doesnā€™t need to be bare, just manageable. My underarms hair is quite fine at this point. I definitely want to rid underarms completely, as well as my perianal region which was pretty much the whole reason WHY i started researching LHR in the first place. I will definitely need a fair amount of electrolysis on the latter.

After I feel my initial areas are complete, I look forward to de-hairifying my arms, which I currently shave. Keep in mind I am a full time student with a terrible minimum wage job, so I can only do this one step at a time! I do what I can. If you, too, are a hairy poor college student, I offer you my moral support.

Questions, comments are welcome.

PS. Unfortunately my camera broke somewhere around after my first treatment so I am unable to provide progress photos. :frowning:

I am with you nbd! Not a lot of hairy college students have money for electrolysis, but hey, lets take it one step at a time!