Is threading make the facial hair growing coarser?

Hi!

I would like to know if threading makes your hair get coarser and thicker, or if the hair grows faster!

I have a lot of fuzzy hair all over my face…not sure what I must do to get rid of it, I’ve tried electrolysis and it seems to get worse every day.

Please, I’m looking for a honest answer. I’ve met too many people lying to me just because of their commercial interests…

Hey fuzz,

I am of south Asian descent and most of the girls in my extended family here in the UK have problems with excess face and body hair.

When I was growing up, my mum used lots of scare tactics to keep me away from waxing/threading my facial hair. She was right. Most of my cousins were doing it and now in our 20’s, I still have that fuzz (I started bleaching when I was 19), it’s bad but not as compared to their situations now.

Apart from those of us who stuck to bleaching (and most of these have much less hair than me so they are okay with it) everyone else has coarse facial hair, especially in the sideburn and jaw/chin area. Most of them have to wear heavy makeup to hide the scars from the ingrown hairs.

Now, for some of them, if they have underlying hormone issues, it may have become worse anyway. But this is the thing, I hardly know anyone who has hormone issues that also didn’t become a regular plucker/threader at a fairly early age, making the problem a lot worse, I’m sure.

Only one 2nd cousin never did anything apart from bleaching… she was diagnosed with PCOS a few years ago and her facial hair started increasing. She had electrolysis last year that removed most of it. It was an easy job because she never really did any root removal (except the upper lip) and her skin didn’t have years of abuse to recover from.

Here are some of my pics (in my sister’s thread). Electrolysis is the BEST option and the only option for permanent hair removal.
http://www.hairtell.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/87075/5.html

http://www.hairtell.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/95705/stoppit_tidyup.html#Post95705

http://www.hairtell.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/96044/stoppit_tidyup.html#Post96044

Thank you so much stoppit …I’m so desperate and considering all these scary/nonsense ideas.
Threading/waxing seems to be the easiest way to get rid of all this tedious hair!! but i don’t want to get worse.
Electrolysis doesn’t seem to be working on me…I’ve tried twice but I experienced an increase of vellus in the treated area, not sure the reason why…my follicle are apparently very easily stimulated by the blood flow or something.
THere is so much density of hair that looking at my reflection in the mirror is just unbearable and makes me cry.

http://www.hairtell.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/95435/Re_White_peach_fuzz_on_woman_s.html#Post95435

Do you have peach fuzz like this celebrities?
They seem to be fine with it!

Kind of…
I know it could be worst but it’s so distressing for me…maybe if I were millionaire like they are I would feel different…snif, snif,

Did you ever try shaving this area?

Please let me emphasize this: i have several clients whose face and especially neck is cratered almost like the surface of the moon. Seriously: that danger is so large that i can only warn from waxing/tweezing/sugaring in areas sensitive to ingrowing hair.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences and advices!
Would shaving the area get it worse along the years?

No shaving will not make the hair worse it will not make it grow thicker or faster or change the colour.

Shaving gives the hair a blunt tip. The tip might feel coarse or “stubbly” for a time as it grows out. During this phase, the hair might be more noticeable and perhaps appear darker or thicker.Shaving does not interfere with the follicle.

Hi, as you can read from my signature I had full face threading routinely for about eight years.

I’m male with thick, black hair growth (I can hear you say “ouch!”)
From my experience, I would say the thickness of the hair stayed about the same when I had this treatment.

The reason why I stuck with this treatment for so long is the wonderfully smooth, baby soft results I got from almost every session. It only lasted 4-5 days though, and then I had to allow a few days regrowth before it was time to remove it again…

I’m only a consumer, not an expert, but I would have thought that your hair growth would make you an ideal candidate for laser treatment,it has worked superbly for me.

I have had around 20-30 hours of electrolysis on the face, and these days would use it as a supplement to ‘mop up’ hairs missed by the laser. Personally I found having electro as my only treatment for hair removal a S-L-O-W process.

I agree with beate r. Any type of removal from the root, sugaring, threading, waxing or rotary epilation will cause damage to the skin because of the potential for ingrown hairs and the trauma to the skin. I also have seen many clients with damaged skin from these methods.

Have you considered electrolysis? If you do want to pursue it, go for numerous consultations and find a good practitioner. You will never look back!

If you have this peach fuzz, and plenty of it simply use a rotary razor. Easy on skin and doesnt dry it out or affect hair. I dont know about others but i have found it not yet possible to find a way to do all that type of hair through electrolysis. with “most” practitioners out there, (NOT the ones on this board), you take your chances, it would take a very long time, and be very expensive.