Is this reaction normal or over-treatment?

Hi all. I just switched electrologists because I moved, and I’m wondering if I should start looking for a new one. The woman I saw before did blend on me, clearing small areas by the hour. The woman I am seeing now has treated me two times with thermolysis, both for a little over 1 hour. She has over 20 years of experience, but I’m a little worried that she is over-treating me and that this will lead to permanent scarring. Before this, my neck was pretty much blemish-free.
These pictures are from 24 hours after my 2nd treatment with the new woman:

These are from before I started seeing the new woman:

Is this reaction normal? Or should I start looking for someone else? Please help, as I am very distressed. Thank you.

This appears to be a normal reaction. I think there’s a few spots that could have been done more carefully, but nothing for you to worry about. Your skin will heal and the red marks and swollen texture will fade over the next few days. You can wash away the white spots with a cloth in the shower.

You’ll probably have a few scabs. It’s important you avoid sun exposure and rubbing the scabs off.

It’s normal but can be adjusted let her know and show her the photos let’s see if she can change it and your skin reacts differently.

Looks normal for the healing process. To avoid this try salt and warm water immediately after electrolysis. Mix and pat your skin and Yes it will sting for a few seconds, leave on a few minutes and wash off.
Repeat once a day for a few days. If the treated area becomes itchy then apply over-the-counter cortisone for sensitive skin .5% or 1% or antibacterial ointment for healing. Check with your electrologist for post-care instructions. We all have our own ideas. Email or reach out: drlaser@comcast.net

I don’t think you have anything to worry about. If there are several hairs in one given area there is more of a chance that you will see this reaction. Be patient. Your hairs also appear to be a bit on the deep seeded side, meaning they are on the coarse side. If this is the case, your new electrologist is going to have to insert the filament (needle) deeper down the hair shaft, and this will automatically cause the entire walls of the hair follicle to receive more heat, causing the red blemishes and even scabbing after a couple of days. Don’t be alarmed this is all part of the process. The only thing that might alleviate your face from reacting, is if your electrologist didn’t concentrate on removing every hair that’s in a cluster . This may tend to make your face appear red and cause more blemishes. You may want to ask your electrologist if they can thin the area of the hair which is being treated, and move around every few minute to give it a moment to calm down and come back to it. Also avoid touching the treated area with hands. I highly recommend using baking soda and water. Make a poultice using very little water (paste). Allow it to dry. Or use hydrogen peroxide. 3% 10 volume which is basically the same thing as using the baking soda but in liquid form over the next few days. Wash off the baking soda paste and repeat a couple of times. You may also use a medicated ointment the following day if you like. After treatment avoid creams on the treated area for 24 hours. Only use the baking soda and water or hydrogen peroxide… Also very importantly PLEASE DO NOT PREMATURELY PICK OFF THE SCABS. This will cause scarring. The scabs have a purpose to protect your treated area from getting infected. Most of all remember to be kind to yourself.