Is this ok/normal skin after electrolysis session?

Hi everyone,

I would like to get your opinion, preferably the professionals on here, on if my skin on these photos taken 6 and 8 days after my electrolysis session looks normal to you. During the treatment of this part I said that I felt that it seemed that multiple times the needle was not entering the follicle correctly. I also asked if the sizzling I heard was normal. My electrologist said yeah sometimes it feels like that and that the sizzling was normal. As I was having intense treatment of a whole day, I believed her because I thought maybe I couldn’t differentiate the pain anymore since such a big surface was treated and I could’t see what she was doing.

This was 6 days after:

This was 8 days after:

I have to say it is now a few months later and my skin has healed, it still looks a bit discolored and I have maybe a few tiny scars.

I cant tell which body part this is, but even for body work this looks a little rough The scabs are too large and its apparent too much energy was used .

“Sizzling” is NOT normal. It is normal for body treatments to produce scabbing, however these scabs are too large. Too much energy and/or shallow insertions, improper probe selection are possible culprits.

This looks like the bikini area. Yes, the scabs are numerous and large. Probably more energy than necessary was used but the skin will heal just fine. It probably itches, so use something like Aquaphor.

Report this to your practitioner. Feedback is always helpful, that is, if the practitioner has a mild enough ego to take it and change the recipe so sizzling sounds are eliminated and insertions are not felt.

If this was your face, I would be horrified. Body work not so much.

2 Likes