Is this normal?

quick update for everyone: the scabs started falling off but theyre pink underneath… hopefully this will also go away
otherwise i have an appointment tomorrow with the new electrologist. She’ll be giving me a 10 minutes free trial (which my first one didn’t), and she already talked to me loads on the phone and i already feel a lot more confident. She’s using a fischer, and performs the blend… I asked about magnification and she said she uses a 10 time magnifier…
Of course I have no idea what all of that means though haha, but the fact that she seemed to know what she was talking about really helped… We’ll see how it goes tomorrow! I’ll keep you guys posted

Let me just say how disappointed and upset I am right now. I only just left the consultation. Simply put, she did not want me as a client. To be fair, she did not outright say it, but time after time I felt like she really didn’t want to do any work on me.
Her first thoughts were that when she talked to me on the phone she didn’t think I was in “this boat” and that the amount of hair I’ve got is, in her opinion, too much for electrolysis. First she tried to send me off to someone who does laser, and when he was done with me she suggested I come back for her to finish off the work.
When I made it clear that I’ve been down that road before and that I really did not want to try again, she tried to scare me off by saying that it would take 2-3 hours just to achieve initial clearing. I knew this already, and honestly I don’t have much of a problem with it.
Then she said that it looks like all the hair is in its last stage of growth anyway and I would be wasting my money if she did any work right now. So she told me to wait for everything to heal, wax everything off, and then come back when hairs start appearing again. I don’t really know how true this is as its only been a month since my last wax…
I also won’t forget how absolutely appalled she seemed to be by the amount of hair I had.
Anyway… I came out, felt like utter crap (excuse my language), went back online, looked for more electrologists and booked two more consultations for tomorrow.

At least she confirmed that my last electrologist’s work is too harsh and I shouldn’t have had that amount of scabbing.

The electrologist is an idiot.

Hi suzzy, I’m really sorry to read this.

It makes me mad when some posters on HairTell seem to think it’s easy to find a good electrologist - it really isn’t. And then people have to go through so much to find someone.

Yes, it might take 2-3 hours. That is do-able! I had about 5-6 hours done on my beard area in one session with a HairTell electrologist (this is after my upper lip was already done so that wasn’t in the equation). I probably need another 5 hours to reach the reduction of peach fuzz that I’m after. So 2-3hrs is peanuts! Obviously, I don’t recommend you do it all in one go unless the electrologist is set-up to work that way.

And yes, sounds very strange if you only waxed a month ago. And blah! I’m tired of hearing that old hair can’t be treated. I’m proof that it can since 80% of my hair was untouched, telogen hair and it’s not come back.

Electrolysis can do SO much (even got rid of my milia) if the electrologist can exploit it.

Anyway, keep looking and don’t give up.

Ive been having thermolysis treatment in pretty much the same areas apart from the face, all around the neck front and back, and ive been having similar reactions each treatment.

It takes about 10 days before its really calmed down. Ive been getting quite bad whiteheads/pus things aswell and some scabbings. I have a feeling the electrologist has the settings a bit higher as im a male and its body hair. Do you guys think its possible to prevent the pimples and will the tea tree oil do this.

Hi Suzzy, totally agree with Micheal. I think she has done you a big favour saving you from wasting your money with her. She does not sound like she knows what she is talking about.

Did you go back and show your photos to the electrologist that treated you first?

stephenc: I’ve ran into the same problem and I’ve found that tea tree oil is very helpful when it comes to pimples of any kind. Even if when doesn’t prevent them it helps dry/heal them out quicker.

I’ve no sensitivity to tea tree oil so I just apply it directly on the skin, but I’ve also mixed it with simple creams/oils and the results were very good too.

Suzzy, have you contacted Dectro International in Canada? They provide the best electrology education that I experienced thus far.

Tell them where you are located and they can refer you to local electrologists. I suspect they have graduates who are on the ball! Please get back to us and let us know when you find someone good.

Thanks everyone for all your feedback!
So I visited the two electrologists, and I finally found her: my electro-soulmate.
To everyone reading this who’s in the process of looking for an electrologist: I assure you, when you find the right one, you will just know.

My 3rd electrologist consultation was alright, and I was actually going to go down there for some work had I not gone to my FOURTH consult.

I’ll skip over my 3rd one and tell you all about the new person I’m working with:
She knew what she was talking about. She was confident. Everything that came out of her mouth I had already known from reading online (but I let her go on and on, not to make ME understand the process, but so I can find out if SHE did). She asked me a ton of questions and made me fill out a form (no one else had done this). She asked me about my past experience AND SHE DIDN’T BASH THEIR WORK (SO MUCH RESPECT!!!). She let me know how much experience she had, she let me know that while I may get some scabbing from her, it wont be anything like the scabbing I had earlier, it’ll only be pinpoint dots.
She does thermolysis, and I was actually nervous about that because I know this is a lot less forgiving than the blend, but by this point I had trusted her completely.

So I booked my appointment and went in yesterday evening for and hour. She cleared my neck, chin, upper lip, and started on my side burns in just an hour. 80% of the hairs just slid out, some of them were really annoying so she had to zap them over and over. I only noticed very few hairs feel like they were being tweezed but she explained these are probably older hairs (i didn’t ask… she volunteered the information).

The process was faster, she was absolutely hilarious, I felt comfortable, and all in all it was a success.

What does it look like now? Its a little red, no scabs at all yet (then again it’s only been 15 hours). I have another appointment today to finish up my sideburns. I’ll post pictures soon once the skin has calmed down a bit.

yay! i’m so glad for your suzzy :slight_smile:

NOW THAT’S WHAT WE’RE TALKING ABOUT, SUZZY!!! Mantra: People want the hair off ASAP, meaning cleared of all highly noticeable hairs, they don’t want it to hurt very much and they want minimal skin reaction that last no longer than a week. I agree with you. She sounds like what we describe as a modern, professional electrologist with passion to serve you with a loving personality that gives you comfort and hope.

Are you going back in about three weeks for another clearance? That is the schedule I keep for many, (but not all) of my new clients for about three months, so as to keep the area clear of hair. After that, we spread things out over 4-6 weeks or even more, depending on the emotional needs of the client. I don’t like fifteen minute appointments once a week. It does sound like she can sit longer than 15 minutes, which is good news for you.

I love your posts! Keep it going for the sake of others. We are missing many ‘end of the stories’ after people start their electrolysis diaries here. Keep the pictures coming, too. If your electrologist gives her permission to share her name, all the better. This give me hope for the reputation of my profession.