Is this normal reaction in electrolysis?

Hi! I am from the Netherlands so apologies in advance for my bad English. 2 days ago I went for my first electrolysis session and it is still thick with scabs and pimples. I am very scared for scarring so my question is; is this a normal reaction in the treatment?

I blew up your photo to get a closer look and I cant see anything of immediate concern. That said there is a lot of marking and acne/pustules present. The most likely cause is some kind of contamination of the treatment site, either through treatment or afterwards. P[lease dont put anything un-necessary on the skin immediately post treatment.

I think your skin will resolve nicely.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply!

The acne was directly present after a couple of hours. The electrologist said I had to put aloe vera gel on it. I had to keep it wet with aloe vera gel for at least 3 hours. Is it possible that the gel caused the acne?

The aloe vera advice is not necessary. If the treated area is feeling hot, use some ice. You can wash the area gently with a cloth in the shower using mild soap. You don’t need to do anything else.