Is this normal after 2 weeks?

Hi everyone,

I am new to electrolysis and this forum. I am a 23 year old woman with excess hair on my chin and jawline and a little on my neck. I had my first session of electrolysis 2 weeks ago in the UK. I live in switzerland and cannot find ANYWHERE to get it done so my treatments will be far apart.

Anyway I had an hour 2 weeks ago and my skin still looks red and blotchy. Is this normal? Will it go away? I still have a lot of hair so will need many more treatments I think. I tried to attach a photo to this post which I took today. Let me know if you can’t see it :frowning:

qwerty Attachments

image.jpg

Your skin is still looking quite red, however it looks like it will heal well. Were you tweezing a lot prior to having treatment?

Yes I was waxing/tweezing/epilating for years. I don’t think I realised that the hair growth would be so much that I would actually have to seek some kind of permanent treatment until a few months ago. I stopped all tweezing/waxing etc a few months ago and am now just trimming the hair every few days with nail scissors, hope this will help the electrolysis treatments to be more effective.

That’s good to know it should heal well - It is improving just slowly!

Thanks so much for replying :slight_smile:

Thanks for the picture, but it was too blurry for me to see.

Getting the hair that is present now, cleared, is an important first step. The skin reaction initially is always the worse it will ever be. The skin calms down as you get those clearances. Stay cleared, be consistent, be hopeful, be patient.