Is this common

Hi, I’m new to the group and have a quick question. About 5 days ago I had my first laser treatment for hair on my chin - not a lot, but annoying just the same. Prior to the treatment I let the unwanted hair grow for 3 weeks, which, as most of you know is pure torture. After the procedure my chin did not feel any different, it was still all stubbly. I was informed that the laser kills the hair at the root and it then grows out and falls out - how long will this take and why can’t you tweeze if it kills the hair at the root? The shaving is driving me crazy!

Well I am also wondering why you can not pluck it out. But after my second laser treatment my facial hair is still stubbly. I think it takes 3 to four weeks sometimes for it to actually fall out after a treatment. I had the lightshear laser on my face and bikini. The bikini is doing better. It comes out patchy after a few weeks.

Hey you two - NO TWEEZING! One reason is that tweezing every day (and we all know that’s the usual routine!) puts all the hairs in different growth cycles, and lengthens the number of treatments you will need. The face is difficult enough as it is to treat effectively. It also causes inflammating and hyperpigmentation because of the constant picking and touching. The hairs will fall out in their own good time - if you tweeze them out we will never know if they were effectively treated or not - more frustration and more treatments! So, STEP AWAY FROM THE TWEEZERS! You may shave post treatment as much as you wish… ciao :wink:

James Walker has the best line in regards to tweezing… “tweeze only the hairs you want to keep!”

Hey all;
Hair cycles sholud be understood & told to everyone by the treating person to client so that you understand it better.You require 4 to 5 treatments for hair reduction. You will never get hair removal by light sheer. tweeze only the hairs you want to keep.Few recent articles (Medical) suggests waxing once but not repeted.

Dermatologist, Where can I find those articles? I suggested waxing once to some clients for practical reasons, but it would be nice if I could support common sense by the medical science.

What’s the problem in tweezing treated hair if it’s on its way to fall out anyway? Maybe you just don’t want to further irriatate skin whitch is already under a lot of stress?