Is this an appropriate reaction to electrolysis?! (NSFW)

Warning: ass pictures. First I’d like to apologize to anyone seeing these :joy: :sob:

Disclaimer: I have to travel abroad to my electrologist so I can’t just stop by and ask her about this. I did email her asking about the risk of any potential scarring or whatever and she said it’s not possible and to chillax.

I got my very first clearance on my booty half vellus/half terminal hairs (too fine/light for laser) in early March. It was done by a highly recommended on here pro with decades of experience. It hurt like a mf but I laid through it without Emla for hours and in the end she told me I had one of the highest pain tolerances she’d ever seen lol. These red irritated pictures were taken 4-5 days after the treatment. It looked so red, crusty and frankly rather frightening that I started to worry if it was good at all that I’d braved through all that pain. Like, maybe I should have listened to my body?! I’d never had electrolysis before so I didn’t know how painful it’s supposed to be or not be.

I don’t know if this is relevant but this is a pic in the beginning of the treatment. It shows what we started out with. Some of the blonder hairs are hard to photograph.

It’s been 5 months now and I’m just waiting for the purple hyperpigmentation to slowly fade. I also suffer from KP in the area (which I already had there before electrolysis) so my butt does have bumps and it’s impossible to tell which bumps are from KP and which might be from electrolysis. So yeah I’ve no idea if the treatment caused any bumps or not. I’d totally hate permanent bumps obviously.

I still grew back enough hair to bother me so it’s time to head back for another clearance but I’m apprehensive bc I don’t want any scarring/bumps on my azz! So before I commit to it out of an abundance of caution I’m asking all you kind people if the initial reaction looks like too much or not.

Finally, the electrologist was otherwise very lovely and professional and I don’t believe for a second she’s evil or bad or anything like that but, you know, things can always happen…

This is roughly what it looks like now, 5 months after:

1 Like

Reaction is fairly common and expected on bodywork. Also the buttocks is under constant irritation from clothes rubbing and sitting so such reaction will occur. A lot of time and a lot of patience will clear all the PIH.

1 Like

For the amount of work you’re having done abroad. To clear a larger area of hair, and it appears the hair is much denser… this is definitely a normal reaction to the electrolysis treatment. I would suggest wearing loose cotton or linen clothing. Take epsom salt baths, and keeping the area nice and clean. Use a cream that is soothing to your skin.

1 Like

I don’t have an answer but please update with your progress I want the same area done myself and could not find anyone doing this area with photo documentation on hairtell!!!

Hey crying! I’m actually not sure I will continue with electrolysis on my booty because of how severe the reaction was. Going in, I totally was not expecting that. It’s been literally 8 whole months since and the pih is STILL going strong and in the end I’m not sure if that’s not making my booty look just as bad as the hair! Also it’s very telling that I had ~something~ done which is…embarrassing lol.

I was also expecting better results /: my booty is feeling fuzzy again. It has admittedly been only one clearance but it just feels to touch the exact same as before although of course I cannot say that with 100% certainty bc I can’t see that area myself (and don’t have anyone else to ask xd) very well (even with a crazy mirror setup). I don’t think the electrologist was bad though bc during that visit she also did my thigh which has far bigger, thicker hairs, and that thigh showed a decent improvement. Curiously, the thigh had far less pih which disappeared pretty fast ):

And finally, I worry that the nature of these hairs is too difficult to deal with electrolysis. They are mostly very very fine and dark blonde and SO MANY. It’s almost like peach fuzz (albeit longer and coarser and a tad darker). It’s just a monumental task. As a last resort alternative I’m currently looking into antiandrogen drugs which could make my body stop growing this crazy hair in the first place. Anyway, whatever I decide on, I log on here sometimes and will keep updating.

1 Like

Ok thank you for letting me know! Yes please keep me updated

1 Like