Is this a good deal for a DIY Machine?

$450 Canadian Dollars.

If not, what would be a good deal?

This is for DIY work on myself.

Its a descent deal yes, assuming it works.
As this appears to be local to me, I might be able to assist in testing .

Shoot, that would be awesome as I was going to have it shipped to Austin, Texas, and honestly the whole process worries me a bit, whether it be scammers or functionality as promised. How would testing/assist work etc. The individual said they’d be willing to sell to me for $300 US + $40 US Shipping. I am curious what is the average price these go for.

For a Junior $400-$600 is about the right range for that vintage. It’s an older model . Also take note, at least one of the probeholders is broken and not functioning. and the other one all bets are off. This could be a problem if Dectro refuses to sell to you as is their policy, though it’s possible Texas Electrolysis Supply may keep this type of probeholder available I’m not certain. Probeholders arent expensive ( about $70 cdn for that model)

I might have to re-assess the purchase then I guess I’ll give it some time to think through first. It’s been on there a month and as you say that’s a reasonable price I’d assume other might come along if I don’t get this one. Thank you for the advice/info and the offer.

Oh I wouldnt be put off by a probeholder. These things are damn near disposable.If you do end up buyingit, little tip, have them throw away the cataphoresis roller.This is to save you some grief at border crossing as cataphoresis equipment isnt permitted in according to FDA.