Is this a bad sign?

Hi,

This is 24 hours after my 1st treatment…should I look elsewhere for services? Also, I found the pain to be terrible even with lidocaine. Does anyone have recommendations for alternatives?

Scabs are somewhat too big … with Lidocaine you should feel nothing … was it just the cream? I would say there will be no lasting problems, but the scabs are a bit too big for my “cup of follicles.”

1 Like

Thanks for reply! I was given Topicane 5 for the upper lip and it was still painful. I think I’m sensitive, but I didn’t have the best feeling about the procedure when I left. Seeing the scabbing the next day made me anxious, so I’m probably not going to go back.

Do you have any recommendations or links to anyone in the Western NY area?

I think you’ve made the right decision. Indeed, I do know someone in the Western NY area … but would not recommend this person. (I was originally, by the way, from Williamsville … Western NY. ) Keep checking and do a “spot test” before you jump into an entire session. Check with the American Electrology Association roster of electrologists in your area. Best wishes to you! www.electrology.com

Is there a way you can send a private message with said person’s name? I do like how you don’t trash people on this forum, but I would rather not fall into the wrong hands again.

There is always a WNY connection! :slightly_smiling_face:

You can send me an email at mike@electrologynow.com or you can call me at 805-962-5431 real chatting is always best.

So Juni, I do agree with Mike about some of the scabs being too big, but leave them alone and let the tiny wounds do what they do naturally - heal from the bottom up and then fall off on their own.

It’s always a good idea to give your practitioner feedback for the first couple of sessions, especially. She or he may want to change the recipe for intensity and timing, change the probe size and type, change the modality. First clearances are usually the toughest and good communication is needed.

Your sensation issues are valid. Again, letting the practitioner know what you are feeling will help with planning other strategies that might be better for you. You have to feel something. Lidocaine creams are helpful for taking the edge off for some and not helpful at all for others. You have to apply correctly for the right amount of time to get any benefit.

I am a BIG MOUTH when it comes to aftercare. I know Uncle Mike is sick of me saying this, but I say it anyway because it works for my clients 99.9% of the time. After a session, I use a non-alcoholic witch hazel like Thayers or Quinn’s. I dab on a good quality of tea tree oil and then I apply a cold pressed good quality aloe vera gel liberally, right out of the small refrigerator I have in my office. The cold aloe feels fabulous and it calms the skin. Do this at home for three days or more if you need to. The one caveat: ONLY APPLY THE TEA TREE OIL ONCE A DAY AT NIGHT TIME for three nights only and then stop. Always apply the aloe vera gel right over top of the tea tree oil. Do not apply alone. Continue with the witch hazel and aloe vera gel. DO NOT disturb or pick off the scabs.

You can try this routine and see if it helps. The first 4-6 months is the hardest for some people.

If your electrologist has the personality of know-it-all and is not listening to your concerns, then looking onward is a good move.

My opinion is, you will heal just fine. Give it time and hopefully your practitioner will try to lesson the reaction, without giving you scary side effects.

SOOOOOO! ha ha ha … I think the aftercare is excellent; also giving the client something valid to do will keep them from fiddling with unknown products and treatments. Dee, what do you think about using aloe vera right from the plant. These things grow like weeds around here and I have several of them. Maybe cut off a leaf and squeeze out the juice and apply it? (Photo from my garden) …

1 Like

I like it and I don’t discourage it. It’s 100% pure and product from Mother Nature. The only thing is it is very sticky and some people don’t like that characteristic. I like the aloe to be refrigerator cold to help with edema in the first day especially. For people of color, the coldness helps calm those melanocyte/pigment cells that can stir up hyperpigmentation, according to some very respected estheticians. I find that to be true through feedback I get from clients.

Your plants are beautiful!!!

1 Like

Michael I think you only had one topic on facial electrolysis on your youtube channel when you treated a white beard on a guy. Do you plan on making any more videos? For example the standard blend face technique as you describe it still leads to some scabbing. How do you balance currents to be effective and yet avoid scabs on face? Does it mean you must accept lower kill rates? And when you use lower currents to avoid facial scabbing how do you also avoid running into “pebbling-effect” of having to repeatedly treat same follicles if currents are lower?

Answer: No it doesn’t! I don’t accept your premise.

Any good Electrologists close to houston/sugar land area. I am new here, and need to go to someone reliable, after my first treatment, I feel some scabs are like 1 mm line and sone are thick in diameter, thicker than my hair follicle size.

There’s nothing wrong with this treatment. Also please stop tagging onto existing threads if you have a new issue not related to the thread being talked about, start a new one. It confuses the issue as to who is replying to whom and gets confusing to users who see up to 10 or more year old threasds being dredged forward to the top that have little to nothing to do with the original topic of discussion.