Is there a solution !!!!!

Well my problem is that I have grown dark and thick hair on my chin after using hair removal creams in that area. I have also tried waxing and tweezing and threading but the hair would just remain thick as ever. I am so damn worried about it. I have to remove hair almost everyday which also takes time and i am becoming irritable because of this. I even used razor to get rid of them quickly. And the worst part of all of this is that I cannot afford to go for any expensive treatment like Laser treatment etc. Someone please tell me about some quick solution to get rid of these stubborn hair. I even tried bleaching but except for 4-5 hair strands , the bleach did not lighten the hair.

It’s good that you cannot afford laser hair removal on your chin because you may actually grow more hair from the laser in that SPECIFIC area. Get electrolysis!

Get a consultation with an electrologist. You are chasing your own tail. All that you have done to temporarily remove hair from your poor little chin has made the problem worse.

Where on earth do you live? Allow us to try and help you hook up with a professional electrologist near you. Maybe we can help.

Dee

First of all, I am so relieved to find this website!!

After having laser done a few years back (and it not working), I am now doing electrolysis. I just started, and I want to be patient and hope for no hair one day! What I really want to know is, is it really not possible at all to shave (chin) whilst undergoing electrolysis? My electrologist tells me that I can’t. I trust and believe her whole heartedly, she is very good. However, I am so desperate to conceal the hair during treatment.

Anyone with some good insight?

Your electrologist is wrong about this one, but I’m sure she is right about everything else though. :slight_smile:

You may shave 1-3 days before a treament. Many electrologists prefer clipping. Could she be one of them? I like either one, but you have to do something to disguise the hair until she can get you to a first full clearance.

What area(s) did you have laser hair reduction? How long ago? How many treatments? Your skin color, hair thickness and color?
What is the name of the laser used? How many treatments? Anything else?

I’m not being nosey, but rather trying to figure out why it did not work for you. When people want hair removal, they sometimes set themselves up for failure unwittingly by not researching enough. They fall for hype from people with no passion for getting the hairy person results, but rather their passions lie with making money fast.

Ask your electrologist why she doesn’t want you to shave. Make sure she has good vision equipment so she can see the hair emerge. All one needs is about 1/16" of hair to grasp and lift out with the forceps after the hair is treated. But, the electrolgist needs good magnification in order to see the hair emerging.

Dee

Dee,

If she is wrong about this and I can continue to shave, you have just made me a very happy girl!!!

Yes, she says that tweezing, shaving, or waxing is not allowed in between visits, and that it stimulates the area, thus stimulating hair growth. She says that ‘cutting’ or bleaching are only allowed. Are you saying that it IS allowed to shave between treatments without making the condition worse?

I had about 8 treatments of Epilight on my chin about 4 1/2-5 years ago. I have very pale skin, and the hairs on my chin are coarse and dark. All these years later (I’m 37) the hairs are still dark, but are accompanied by many white/grey hairs. The rest of the hair on my body is quite light and thin.

I went for the Epilight treatment at Dr. De Boer’s clinic because it I was referred by my house doctor. Dr. De Boer and the Epilight method were supposed to be ‘revolutionary’ and ‘permanent.’ I wasn’t going for cosmetic reasons; I was going on the advice of a medical doctor.

My electrologist is the first human being I have ever actually been able to really communicate with about this. She is the one who told me about this website so I would have some support. She’s got great vision equipment and an actual passion for electrolysis. She also does laser in her clinic, but has said that electrolysis is the really only permenant way to get rid if this hair. I had three free consults with her before she charged me. The second two actually consisted of doing treatments on my chin because she really wanted to see how my skin would react, and she wants me to SEE a difference. She is definitely committed to this and I am happy I found her. BUT, I just want to know if I can really keep on shaving during treatments!!

Thanks! : )

P.S. I live in the Netherlands, so this is not a money making business as it might be in the States. My insurance covers 75% of the costs. My electrologist makes practically no profit out of this for the time and equipment she puts into it.

I’m absolutely saying that shaving is okay to do between treatments. Shaving does not stimulate hair anywhere. Once you start electrolysis you may not wax or tweeze. Shaving, clipping and bleaching are fine, though. She needs enough hair to grasp with her forceps and one to three days is usually enough time after you shave.

She sounds wonderful and I’m sure you are relieved to be in expert hands.

Epilight is not a true laser. I’m not surprised by your lack of results. Even if you had used a true laser, you would have still needed electrolysis.

You are now on the right track with your new best friend, your electrologist. Stay close to her and keep us informed about your experience. It would be very helpful for others who live in the Netherlands if you could share her information here on hairtell. Ask her permission. Hopefully, she will agree.

Thanks and come back and visit.

Dee

I’m always stunned to hear of electrologists who tell their clients they may clip or cut the hair, but not shave. Shaving IS cutting. The hair root can’t see if you’re using a blade, scissors or a chainsaw.

I think that the reason some may ask clients not to shave is because ingrown hairs are more likely when one shaves. Anyone who believes shaving makes hair grow thicker just doesn’t understand that although an illusion (the hair tappers to a point and if one shaves, one is cutting off the thinner point to reveal the thicker lower base with its shining shaved disk-like top) makes is seem like the hair is thicker because it no longer bends as easily as when it tappered to a point.

I do have another question. I have a battery operated hair trimmer which I sometimes use on my upper lip or cheek area. Is this regarded the same as ‘clipping’ or shaving, and is it acceptable without creating the disaster that tweezing does?

Thank you

That would be perfect because you are removing the appearance of hair above the skin and not disturbing the root. I like these little devices because they help disguise the hair until we can catch up with things and they are cheap gadgets that are easy to use. You’re on the right track. Good job.

Thanks once again, Dee, for answering my questions and for being so helpful!