Is there a miracle?

I think i already know the answer to this is no, but does anyone know of anything you can put on your skin to make epilating less painful? I have done the front of my legs without too many tears but i just cannot do the backs or down by my ankles. I need a local anaesthetic else I am gonna have to give up!!! [color:“red”] [/color]

-Jack Daniels

…I’m so sorry, but it’s true.

I think i already know the answer to this is no, but does anyone know of anything you can put on your skin to make epilating less painful? I have done the front of my legs without too many tears but i just cannot do the backs or down by my ankles. I need a local anaesthetic else I am gonna have to give up!!! [color:“red”] [/color]

Unfortunately, the first time is uncomfortable and some places very uncomfortable. After that maintaining is easy and of course you learn the right technique of epilating.

It might be best to get waxed the very first time.
First of all it’s just a quick pull each time of discomfort and then ok. The first time with a epilator is much more time(hopefully you did trim hair to 3 to 4 mm’s first)or with long hair you will experience more discomfort than with short hair.

With a epilator, you can to use it when the hair gets over 1 mm, so hair is never an issue. Depending of what part of the body and amount of hair per sq CM, determines how often you epilate.

Really, if you just continue to use it is a breeze.
Of course for a more perm hair solution, go with a light.

hi, the very first time u wax, dont try cold wax, but normal wax that u gotta heat up.

Second, keep trying a few times, it gets a lot better after 3 or 4 or 5 tries.

Thirdly, dont wait too long between each waxing session: i remember once i didnt wax during the whole winter and it hurt a lot when i tried waxing again, so i guess once a month, is good, or every 2 months if u dont wanna do it every month.

Last thing, if u wanna try an epilator, it hurts a bit but u can take a hot shower first, to make ur pores dilate, which will let the hair be pulled out more easily.

I do not recommend shaving as for me it made my hair grow double off the same root and makes it harder to pluck/wax.

but really, waxing/epilator is the way to go for legs, u’ll suffer a few times and then u’ll be fine, i dont even feel any pain anymore when i wax legs.

but maybe for the very first time, u wanna go to a beauty parlor cuz they know how to do it right. look at what they do and do the same so u wont hurt urself, always pull quickly and parallelly to ur leg, not perpendicularly.

there, hope that helps. lemme know how ur doing

Not true mado about your shaving comment. Shaving does not affect hair growth at all. I think we have discussed this ad infintum here on hairtell over the years and if you do a search you may well discover accurate information about shaving verses the perpetual myth about shaving causing more hair to grow that pops up here on hairtell about once a month.