Is it okay to apply sunblock *straight* after electrolysis

Hi,

My Electrolysist is a 15 min walk from my house and I hate the idea of walking home in the hot sun without any sunscreen on. Is it okay to apply sunblock straight after my appointment? I’d wash it off when I got home and apply aloe vera. Thanks!

Does anyone have any ideas?

That depends on your sun block.

A Zinc Sunblock with no irritants would be fine. One with those horrible pine tar FD&C colors and other irritants would not be so good.

Having said that, if you were just putting it on, and washing it off in 15 minutes, you should be ok, other than the increased infection potential from the oils and bacterial build up in the product container, and so on, and so on.

James has hit the nail on the head. A zinc-based sunblock without any irritants or oils is the ideal solution. Be wary of a lot of the over the counter products and read the ingredients. Avoid ones with coconut oils, parafin oils, etc.

One product that I have been using to good effect is Gala’s Ombra Creame ™. It is a total sunblock and is intended to be applied directly after electrolysis. As it is has a light pigmentation, apply a small amount with clean hands on clean skin and spread it out until you do not see it any more. A little goes a long way.

This product is available from Dectro Int’l.

Dectro California
Phone: 714.550.9980
Toll Free: 1.888.332.8763
Fax: 714.550.9988

Orlando Institute of Electrology
Orlando
Phone: 407.295.2081
Fax: 407.295.3170
Email: request@orlandoinstitute.com

Associated Health & Beauty Products
Phone: 978.858.3733
Toll Free: 1.800.548.6339
Fax: 978.858.3833
Email: marye1@electrologyinstitute.com

I use this product both on myself, post treatments, and on my clients as well. So far I haven’t had any problems with it in either case.

Joanne

Thank you both!