Is it normal

for women to have hair on their thighs? I mean, not just the blonde hair that some women have, but can it be dark too? As a woman, I have hair on my thighs and it’s definitely not as thick, coarse or dark as the hair on my lower legs and takes a lot longer to grow out, but I know that it is dark and not blonde. When I shave, you can’t see anything…like dark spots from the hair. Is this normal?

That is like asking “is it normal for women to have big breasts?”. All women are different and people of different nationalities might be more predisposed to some conditions than others. I imagine if you asked 1000 women from around the world, you would not get a consistent answer.

The spiro you are on may reduce this at some point (assuming that your hair problem is because of too high of androgen levels and not some other cause like excessive androgen sensitivity, etc).

Hmmm. Well, I don’t think it has anything to do with hirsutism, since it grows slow and you can’t see it after I shave.

Actually, from everything I’ve researched, spiro would be ideal for androgen sensitivity. Since it doesn’t really suppress testosterone…it has no effect on the ovaries or adrenals…it merely blocks testosterone’s effects on the skin and hair. Birth control is more ideal for higher testosterone levels if the excess hormone is coming from the ovaries. With the right pill, it can cut down the testosterone by half. Then spiro would block it.

yeah, I got my answer reversed - I guess I was not awake or something. Sorry.

But to ask “is something normal for women” is a very impossible thing to answer - there are too many other variables (and what is “normal” anyway?).