Is it normal for indented scabs after electrolysis?

Hello,

I started my facial hair removal journey 6 years ago as I had prominant hair above my lips and cheeks. I tried IPL which did not do much. I then tried laser and was recommended for full face laser removal by a leading company 6 years ago and after 12 sessions with them, I still needed more. Now, I am suffering with paradoxical hair growth on the sides of my face and neck after over 40 sessions of hair laser removal. I had my first electroylsis session last week for 30min. The lady mentioned she had over 10 year experience and I wouldn’t scar but I have been left with some indented scabs. I do scar easily, and have ice pick scars on my cheeks from Acne. Will these scabs scar me? Should I still carry on with treatment ? Would really appreciate any advice.

These scabs are nothing to worry about. The size and number of them are not concerning. You can continue treatment.

1 Like

I agree with Thermo. One thing you can do and is very helpful to do is, contact your practitioner and see if she or he can make some adjustments with the timing or intensity or use a different probe to see if this can be minimized a little.

Do not pick the off the scabs. The little wounds heal from the bottom up and when the skin has completely healed the scabs will fall off naturally.

I like cold pressed, refrigerated aloe vera gel immediately after treatment and for three days after to calm down the skin.

Thank you so much for your prompt replies. Would you recommend naturally pressed aloe vera or store bought? I was recommened to apply savlon straight after treatment, should I still carry on with savlon straight after? If so would i apply the aloe gel on top of savlon?

In Australia, this is the only genuine aloe vera gel Aloe Vera Gel - Aloe Vera Australia. Those u find on shelves in Coles, Woolies, Chemist W & many other onli stores are all artificial.

When purchasing Aloe Vera, you should look for as pure and natural an aloe product as possible. Many of the off the shelf aloe products contain thickeners and preservatives that actually can be harmful or even toxic on skin. One of the worst offenders is the “fruit of the earth” brand sold in many walmart and CVS pharmacy’s in the US and Canada whichnot only contained toxic thickeners that arent safe on skin or to consume but also has been tested and found to contain no organic components of Aloe.
I tend to buy most of mine from a companycalled Healthy Planet here incanada, you can get either whole leaf or inner filet aloe products with no preservatives or thickeners of any kind.The product I use is listed here: https://www.healthyplanetcanada.com/lily-of-the-desert-aloe-vera-gel-inner-fillet-3-78-liter.html