Irritation following very intense clearance

I feel like we have been left hanging… Did the clove oil help?

! Yes, it alleviated the pain. Apparently it’s normal practice here in the UK. The same sort of remedy my grandparents would suggest and we would scoff at but we neglect to remember they are based on generations of observation.

I can understand your concern Tealight, the side effects of Electrolysis are much more banal in the face than on the body, especially if your previous sessions have lasted 30 minutes or less. Temporary side effects do not end here. When the small scabs are gone, come the post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, another phase of the healing process. These small red spots disappear a few weeks (sometimes months), but always, always go away. By then, the hairs that were not present in the first clearance have arrived and then it’s time to think about the second clearance. Whatever your electrologist at the time, he or she have the paved way and the density of hairs that need to be treated this second time is then about 15 or 20% in some areas, and 30 or 40% in others, the inflammation will also proportional, and discomfort in the same measure.
If your future electrologist has minimal experience and little sense of ethics, will recognize and identify evidence of a good job, that is, the bald areas of disappeared follicles forever. You remember? this is just what I did when I saw the magnificent job did by your electrologist on your sideburns. And this is what our profession needs, professionals with integrity that do not use circumstances surrounding the plight of people with excess hair. Thanks to all the amazing colleagues who have supported my work here. Thank you too Tealight, for letting me know that the whole process goes as planned.

(Vera, Arlene, Maria, Sophya, a BIG hug)

I must admit that this case I was a little worried. Although your last words in this post were very reassuring, I did not give much credit. The healing of the skin was unusually rapid. I had to see to believe! and I’ve seen, my dear Tealight, oh yes, I’ve seen up close the amazing miracle of healing in your skin.
After 2 ½ months is not normal that almost all post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation is gone.

I predicted great results because almost all the follicular unit had their 3 hair of the rigor, each hair was treated separately, so the results were bound to be big. But I was not expecting such amazing results, the results exceed any of my expectations.

One of the side effects in this area is the emergence of some “ingrowns” I’ve only found one, in the more than 22,000 treated follicles in early September. Your case is absolutely spectacular and I am very grateful to you for giving me the opportunity to check the results of my work, and for agreeing to share your photos with the community Hairtell. Thanks, Tealight, again.

The buttocks of this young women have only had a first clearance at 6.7 and 8 September with Electrolysis. 2 ½ months later, the area remains clear, so my client has decided to move towards the thighs. Both areas, buttocks and thighs have been previously treated with laser. I have not seen a single follicle destroyed with the laser in these two areas. Again, the Electrolysis succeeds where earlier there was a failure of the laser (probably because the hairs were not candidates for laser).

Before (September 2011)

After first clearance (November 2011)

The limit of the treated area is clearly visible in these images below.

Hooray for Electrolysis!!!

Well done Josefa and Tealight!! This will greatly inspire many people on this forum.

Thanks for allowing the photos to be shared! It’s amazing. You must be so happy. I’m happy for you :slight_smile:

Wow, I bet you are happy Tealight!

This is fantastic results!!
I love electrolysis :smiley:

Josefa, you are the queen of spectacular electrolysis :wink:

Sorry for the late contribution, folks, but yes! Absolutely delighted and a HUGE hooray for electrolysis!! Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way, here on the forum and beyond - I feel like I’ve turned a massive corner now especially since, after this last trip, I know I am much more than half way to my goal and that the hardest part is over. I can’t believe it, really! The thought that next summer I will have a completely different relationship with my body (and my wardrobe) is just amazing.

An enormous thanks, of course, to Josefa for taking on this project and magically just ‘solving’ a problem that has made me unhappy for over 20 years!!!

And I hope that others here do feel encouraged by my experience because there IS a solution.

Time for a quick update for the results of a single clearance. Since early September 2011, the buttocks are not returned to work until April 2012. The results we saw in the photos in November 2011 have remained constant, except for the hair that was in November are a little longer now.

September 2011 (before)

November 2011 (after first clearance)

April 2012 (7 months after first clearance)

So sorry to contradict a long tradition of all experts when they say that:

a) Work in telogen is useless.
b) You need two clearances in the body to see a difference. In cases where the hairs has not been touched for a long time, a single clearance changes everything.*
c) The galvanic or blend is more effective than thermolysis (in any case, is exactly the same).

• Clear limits on the thighs where the treatment was discontinued in November

This is nothing short of amazing. Tealight, you must be over the moon to see the results of so much hard work put in by you both to get the area cleared. I hope we can hear from you!

Josefa, this is SPECTACULAR!

Yes, without a shadow of a doubt, I am just DELIGHTED to have now finished a full clearance from hip to knee (excluding pubic hair) - twice on my buttocks and once on my thighs. It has been a pleasure, as always, to work with Josefa; knowing you are in expert hands makes all the difference, not to mention the warm welcome and care I always receive from her!

Since I’ve got back I can barely believe that this enormous burden of insecurity is actually OVER! My boyfriend and I have just been looking at the ‘before’ pictures that Josefa posted from September, and I am so relieved that that is no longer what my body looks like, and he is so relieved that I’m relieved.

I am nothing but glad, glad, glad that I found this forum and that I found Josefa. The only thing that haunts my dreams(!) at night is whether I could ever find a way to sue the two laser clinics I attended here in London for three years, for their outrageous swindle of my time and money!

Many thanks to everyone for their input, and of course my especial thanks, recognition and congratulations to Josefa. xx

Amazing results !! Thanks for sharing .

Josefa!

I am standing on my table applauding!

Wow! Congrats Josefa and Tealight!!

How long did the first clearance of both thighs take?

I need to consult my notes to be sure, but excluding the buttocks, may have been about 18 hours in both thighs. Note that it is very difficult to establish the limits between the buttocks and thighs. I must say that Tealight has very little hair density.

Here below, the skin is redder than normal because of the anesthetic cream EMLA.

A recent email from Tealigth indicate that everything went much better this time with the IBP.

Thanks Josefa!

Time for an update.
On thighs:
Before first clearance (April 2012)

Before second clearance (February 2013)

On Buttocks:

Before first clearance (September 2011)

Before second clearance (April 2012)

Before third clearance (February 2013)