IPL?

Hi Everyone-

I have been having electrolysis on my face and stomach for about 1 yr. now with great results, almost done now. I really like my electroligist and am very happy with my results. Her office also offers IPL hair removal which she says also offer great results, she herself does not perform IPL a reg nurse does it. I expressed my interested in having hair removal on the thighs and bikini area to her and she recommended the IPL(palomer). I am type 3 skin, the hair on my thighs varies from course and dark to light brown and fine, with some very blonde and fine hair as well. My bikini area is coarse and dark. I would like to trust her opion but I am worried that I maybe wasting my money, there seems to be mixed reviews for IPL, I have read that laser is better. She did not actually look at the area I want treated she said that because the hair on my stomach was coarse and dark she felt the IPL would work well for me. I think I have alot more hair on my thighs than most females and it is dark long and coarse in some areas but it is not consistant, some is very lightand fine. My biggest concerns are wasting my money and the hair growth becoming worse rather than better. Also I think it would take forever to do electrolysis on that area. Any suggestions or opions would be helpful. Thanks!

hi, as a trained hair removalist for sipl i suggest you ask for a complimenty test patch to see for yourself how the hairs fall out. give the hairs atleast 3 weeks to shid through. also, i would start on the bikini area, a smaller area and the hairs are darker as this would be more successful then a mixture of dark and light hairs on the legs. square intense light is very successful if done by a properly trained nurse or therapist. it is actually safer then laser as it is only natural light, the latest technology. they are now saying they don’t know enough about laser. good luck. ask the nurse for some before and after photos also

Thanks for your advice! I’ve been doing lots of research online and have decided to meet with at least 3 providers before I decide what to do.

Katie seems to be repeating whatever her company wrote in the glossy brochures. It’s “newer” technology in the sense that the machines are cheaper to produce. They figured out how to get SOME of the results that a true laser can provide at a smaller expense to the provider. It has absolutely not benefit for the consumer, except maybe paying less per treatment for a less effective treatment with a less effective machine, and even then, it’s not usually the case.

My advice for you, based on personal experience and what you will read on this forum full of unbiased information is to check out at least 3 providers as you have said, but make sure they all use a true laser if you want to fastest best results. Of course, they have to be very experienced for that too. The machine is one factor in the process.