Ipl laser burn

Hi I’m Shauna and I suffered 1st degree burns on my arms from IPL trying to have sun spots removed. I have been going to the same place for 6 years and never had an issue. They even did my laser hair removal on my legs and I never had a problem so I decided to give them a try for other areas. They did my face 3 times, never a problem. Normal crusting and a 2 week healing time. A month ago I decided to get rid of the sun spots on my arms before summer and the same setting was used as to what my face was and I ended up burned. I was horrified and scared. Turns out you are not supposed to use the same settings for every part of your body and the aesthetician didn’t know that. I was furious to say the least. I went back to the facility and they did nothing but tell me to keep neosporin on it and keep it bandaged, do not pick the scab, etc. I decided to see my dermatologist and he made me feel better. Turns out they were just superficial burns and he said 3-6 months to heal and any blending in can be done. He said it can be fixed and she just took my tan off. He didn’t seem to be concerned. He prescribed steroids both pill and topical cream to keep inflammation down and speed the healing. I am 4.5 weeks out and I feel like I see improvement daily.

I think I may see a plastic surgeon to get a second opinion and see if he can do anything to speed up the process.

1 Like

Hi i have by an ipl laser hair removal are they all do the same result ? Cause on the website they said laser hair removal it’s safe and painful

If done correctly it is safe, but after my burn I will not go back to the same clinic and I would only let a doctor do it or a trained aesthetician at a dermatologist office do it.

(hair growth supplements) or hair removal supplements Sucks
stay with Doctor

How is your arm now? Any improvements? I would love to see a current picture, as I was burned this past Friday and my arms and shoulders look similar to your previous burns, unfortunately.

Gosh!!! This is shouldn’t be like this, obviously.