Introduction, newbie to diy electrolysis

hello, this is Bren in Texas. I’ve been lurking this board and I thought I would start a post here. I will soon begin learning electrolysis diy. I’m trans and will be working on my face. I’m pretty nervous!

I have acquired a machine, a fischer se-4. I’ve yet to test it but it was said to work, it appears to be in good shape and it came with all of the various cables, some probes (Precision size 4m), and the Hinkel book, which I am in the process of reading. I also got a ring light and a 12x magnifying mirror.

I thought I would start my own thread to ask questions in, and I do have a few to start, regarding this equipment:

1. does anyone by chance have the manual for this machine?
  2. what brand/size probes are ideal for moving towards learning blend? Are the ones I have sufficient? I have about a dozen of them. I’ve gathered that there are different types of probe shanks/connectors and I don’t know the terminology or which brand is which.

That’s all I have for now, I’m really glad this forum exists, it’s already been a huge help. thanks, -B

1 Like

first, go to the DIY section an read the post “DIY is risky and hard” and heed it’s advice.
Dont start working on your face. Start elsewhere until you have blend pretty much down pat.
Stainless probes in a size f3 or f4 are a good starting point for blend. There’s no need to mess with insulated probes for blend.
Look on youtube for the channels for Josepha Reina and Electrology Now ( michael bono) . Following Josepha’s tutorial on how to do an egg white test and a bubble test with your fisher. Do not use your Fisher on yourself or anyone else until you have done these tests and verified proper operation. Look to TES if you are looking for a probeholder wire for your Fisher.
Follow the guide in “the blend method” or even michaels free pdf condensed version.
Start with plain galvanic and once you have the hang of that, then add thermolysis in small amounts initially until you discover your working point ( as explained in Michaels guide).

Dont let anyone tell you you cant do it or not to learn. You CAN do it, an do so safely an effectively, if you heed the advice offered.
Face is EXCEEDINGLY difficult and requires getting the hang of reversed movement in a mirror. Anything under the jaw line or at the sides of your face will be extremely difficult, but I’m proof it can be done.

4 Likes