Interested in electrolysis (as a career)

Hi I am a woman in my 20s and I’m interested in learning electrolysis since I think and feel I might like it,
I’ve researched a lot on the procedure but I still need to study With somone who could guide me, i was reading a lot on here for a long time but I still I have not idea how to become an actual electrologist, I know I could go to an academy but what do I do after that?

how much hours of training it took you to be a skilled electrologist ?
Is it your only treatment that you offer in your place?

I have an academy near me but I don’t know if it’s enough to be able to be a skilled professional I don’t think anyone would hire me or trust me since it is a 13 hours of physical training program + 3 hours of studying on paper (once a week for 8 weeks)
Is it enough?
I don’t know if it’s enough to gain experience and I don’t expect (I don’t assume, that I could start to get Clients after so little time)
How did you learn ? When did you get clients?

How does it supposed to go? You learn the basics and then study at yourself and friends after the training? By myself? I feel they’re saying “learn with us for 13 hours then you’re by yourself and good luck”
how do I know I’m good enough to get clients?
How did you learn ? Did you go to a place or study yourself? How people started to trust you?
I’ve heard on here that people study half a year and so and still don’t start to work

I would like to know from profesional electrologists on this forum if possible.

13-hours of training? 3-hours of theory? Okay, that’s beyond laughable.
Where do you live. Let’s start there! I’m assuming that you are not in the United States (or Canada)?

Location is a good start! The most passionate electrologists in the world have had electrolysis themselves. If you have never needed electrolysis, becoming a successful electrologist is more difficult. YOU are the best testimonial because you know what is involved and what results look like. Have you had successful electrolysis yourself?

1 Like

Last year at a convention in Los Angeles, I met a lovely couple who were setting up an electrology school in Ukraine. They visited me in Santa Barbara and we had a fun meal at the harbor. So far, I have heard nothing from them … anybody hear anything? Dee Dee?

No, unfortunately, Mike. Do you recall where they resided in the Ukraine? God Bless them and all the sweet Ukrainians, who are showing us what real courageousness looks like. I love these people and wish I could take a lost and tired family into my home to comfort them. Dictators are going to be the death of us all.

1 Like

The kid I sponsored (Russian/Azerbaijan) … his parents have left Baku and fled to Dubai. Fearful that Putin will be expanding his insanity.

1 Like

It’s comply or die with communists. Ukranians are will never comply. I support aggressive pushback. This will be Putin’s Waterloo, just like Afghanistan. The Ukranians and their neighbors who are helping them are filling our hearts with courage and resolve.

Except Russia is not communist … Putin, however, is a Neo-Imperialist and would like to re-establish the Russian empire. I’m re-reading the book “Imperial Gamble” by Marvin Kalb. He explains the horrible mistakes of Europe and the US with regard to Russia … and, Putin’s longing for the past days of Imperial Russia. He predicted everything that is happening at the moment.

Well Michael is right about location being important to what we have to say about electrolysis education.Different jurisdictions have different laws over who can perform electrolysis and training varies quite a bit. Some states require licensing and others anyone can practise electrology ( whether trained or not).
Here in Canada we have a different system and it too varies from province to province. In general if you are persuing a career in electrology I would recommend a course of 500-800 hours of instruction as a minimum at an accredited school. There are very few of them I know of here, there’s Swansons who has just been taken over from Phyllis Tourounde out west ( Phyllis has retired and passed the school and supply businesses on) , there’s also Dectro, and Corousso schools.Those are the ones I’m aware of that are accredited here.
In the US there’s many more, but a few off the top of my head, there’s Dectro in California, and another in new york that esacpes my mind at the moment. But there are good schools, and ones not so great. I believe the Us has like we do in canada a certified Electrolysis Trainer certification, and it may be worth looking this up through the AEA siteif you are in the US.
I think however, that you arent going to get very much out of something with 15 hours of instruction. This could at most provide you with a “quickie chairside instruction” and leave you without critical knowlege that will result in significant problems. I cant recommend such a program as a career path option.Frankly, dont waste your money.

I’m aware this answer comes a bit late, but for others who might have the same question. Going to an academy is a great way to get started and is an important step in becoming an electrologist. Before committing to a program, you may want to explore your other options and compare different training programs. I recommend using the excellent resource becomeopedia.com to explore top career options and training programs. Get information on programs by entering your zip code to make an informed decision. After completing the program, it’s essential to keep practicing and gaining experience. You can do this by studying on your own, seeking out mentors, and offering services to friends and family for free.