Instantron Elite Spectrum vs Apilus Junior

Today was a really fun day! A friend of mine is a professional electrologist and I am an aspiring one. We met up this afternoon and her and I worked on each other. She has an Instantron Elite Spectrum and I have an older Apilus Junior. We each tried both machines using both flash and blend. She is much more adept at blend than I am as I mostly use flash.

Both machines get the job done but in the end I really liked the Instantron. If I did not have my Apilus I would not hesitate to get one. It is a very simple machine and was a pleasure to use.

To the furthest extent possible I tried to use identical flash settings with identical needles on the same body area. It seemed as if the Apilus needed more aggressive settings to get the hairs to release than the Instantron. The Apilus seemed to provide a more comfortable treatment though. I like the blend feature on the Instantron and I like that I can decide when to press the pedal to add thermolysis as opposed to a set number of pulses on my Apilus.

It was a great day for me and a really bad day for my hair follicles! I also learned a lot from my friend. The only problem is now I want an Instantron elite.

For about $2,600 you can get a new Instantron. That may be with air or without? I don’t use the air densensitizer on the unit I am test driving right now, but some clients really like it and some don’t .

The Instantron is a really, really nice basic unit for thermolysis and blend. You are correct in saying that it is very easy to understand how to operate it right out of the box. There are no bells and whistles, but some electrologists do not desire to have nor will they use many of the features offered on the more expensive high tech epilators. Remember, with more features, comes a higher price tag.

The Instantron is very comfortable sensation-wise. You hear three beeps ( but barely) and the hair slides. The delay timer only goes down to a second if you work in auto sensor mode all the time like I do, which may be something that Skip will fix later. So if you are use to inserting when you are in that special Zen mode every .3 - .5 seconds like I am, well, let’s just say that a lower delay mode is a must for me no matter what epilator I use. I do large areas and need to move faster than one second to cover as much territory as I can per hour.

I think the Instantron Elite is a fabulous epilator for sensation and simplicity of use and would highly recommend it if you don’t care about having several added features like the more expensive brand models.

1 Like

Dee, it is great to hear that you are giving the Instantron a try. I don’t quite ever hit the zen mode like you do so I will go with a 2 second delay when I work without a pedal. When you worked on me I was amazed by your speed though! I hope to get there at some point. Once I get my certification and set up shop I’m pretty sure I am going to order the Instantron.

~Anne Marie

You will be very happy with the Instantron. It is a quality, basic epilator and Skip is wonderful, warm and so very generous with his support. He will always be there to answer any questions to help you get going.

I kept hearing that the Instantron Elite was very comfortable and I wanted to try it. Skip set me up and I have been using it for a little over two months. It is true, as you have discovered as well, it does offer the advantage of less sensation, something very important to the consumer.

I still use my Apilus Platinum because I need many of the features not offered on the Instantron, but what I’m saying is, sensation-wise they are very close to each other if not one in the same.

Anne, I didn’t recognize you by your screen name! Good luck to you in your endeavors. We need more passionate electrologists, so please keep moving forward. Glad to hear all is well with you!

I realize this is an old thread. Hope this is OK to post here. What would you say Instatron lacks in features when compared to a apilus platinum?
Thank you!

2 Likes

Hello, can you please share where I can get the Instatron Elite? I’m really looking forward to having and working with it!

Not sure if I am doing this correctly. Not sure if messages went through but I am wondering where I can get the machine from. Can you please direct me to a site or place?

https://instantron.com/product-category/electrolysis-machines/

Say hi to Skip Mahler.