INGROWNS

Lately I have been getting alot of ingrown hairs around my neck and my electrolysist picks at the ingrowns and sometimes she gets them out and sometimes she doesnt. As a result I get a scab where there is an ingrown hair and now my neck just looks all scaby and discolored because of the scabbing from the ingrowns. Is this normal or is she doing something wrong?

ingornws can be helped by exfoliating. You should use a mild scrub and moisturizer to help the hairs get out. you should also consider a product like Tend Skin or a moisturizer with AHA in it. These will often reduce ingrowns and ghelp prevent future ones.

Digging our ingrowns should only be done as a last resort. It should be done very carefully with a sterilized needle to lift it out. If you are bleeding a lot, she may be too agressive in trying to dig them out. This can lead to scarring especially on a sensitive area like the neck.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. you should do everything you can to get rid of dead skin cells, to help reduce ingrowns.