Ingrown hairs after 10 sessions

I have had 10 sessions of electrolysis for 40 mins. Mostly 2 weeks apart. There is significant improvement and my skin looks a lot better. However I can see ingrown hairs on my chin from when I was tweezing. What do I do about these hairs. There aren’t many, maybe a dozen. There are very superficial. Do I wait until they come to the surface?

1 Like

Ingrown hairs can vary. Some are near the skins surface and some are deeper.
Best to leave the ingrown hairs alone for at least one month or more. It is very tempting to help relieve them by picking at the skin. The longer you wait the easier they can grow and try to surface on their own. Electrologists or a dermatologist can help remove them if they are ready. If you try to pick it to soon then there may not be enough length to remove it. Essentially that is plucking again. The electrologist can epilate the trapped hair only if it’s visible and has easy access to the pore and follicle. If it bothers you, then you can apply warm compresses to the area to help loosen things up, but no guarantee. Ingrown hair can occur when the hair is shaved below the skins surface or waxed or plucked out or poor electrolysis, meaning not enough current distributed to the root to disable it.
Email:drlaser@comcast.net

1 Like