ingrown hair

i have removed the most darkest and thickest hair and some fine hair below my navel. some of them are growing back which I know needs repeated treatment. I am waiting until a couple more settle down.

i have more ingrown hair than ever. about 5 and i have to struggle to open and remove the hair because otherwise they will keep growing a big bump, and yes they can get infected but it’s not serious if you apply antibiotics to it.

is there a way to avoid ingrown hair? i suppose this happen because the skin closes up completely because the hairs grow back once the skin is completely closed.

any suggestions for ingrown. how about the experts James or tiny?

Frequently you have ingrown hairs because your treatment was not good enough to treat the hairs and it broke off leaving the lower section growing without the upper section to guide it through to the surface. Some people are prone to ingrown hairs because one’s body makes distorted follicles from the start, but it sounds like you are not talking about this type of situation.

If you won’t see a professional, please try to get a friend and have that person assure a good insertion and leave the probe in long enough until the hair comes out with an intact sheath system. The treated hairs should come out without pulling, and should have a cloudy solid gel like structure surounding the lower part of the hair.

[ August 19, 2003, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: James W. Walker VII, CPE ]

It’s not that I won’t see a professional. I simply don’t have the money. I don’t have anyone patient enough to do this, so I am totally stuck on my own. I’ll do whatever it takes to make the hair permanently stop growing. I think it takes skills, since it’s my first time. Thanks for your response.