Ingrown hair scar

I have been plucking the hair on my breasts and i shaved 2-3 times and i’ve had a huge problem of ingrown hair. Unfortunately i touched some and now there are some scars left :frowning: i have started electrolysis because i was tired of ingrown hairs but do you have any suggestions for the scars? :confused: what should i use

Do you mean you ‘‘scarred’’ yourself by trying to get the ingrown hairs out? How long has it been? I’ve been experimenting with that myself, made a few holes with some relatively big needles trying to get them out and it always came back to normal after several weeks.

You’d be surprised how the epidermis can regenerate itself… I’ve found out that piercing it never creates permanent scars, but I’d assume the size and depth are variables that could change that (or maybe just damaging the actual dermis?).

It has been approxiamately 1-2 months i have used bio oil and it was slightly better but i don’t see any big results, that’s why i wanted to use some scar cream if possible. Did you use any after care with your experiment?

Hello, i have not experienced myself scars formation after electrolysis but I can try to help you with some of what I know about the subject.

Do you have deep scars ? If it is the case, and depending of the depth of your scars you maybe be able to receive Fraxel treatment, C02 treatments, as this is one of the medical indications of this kind of lasers.

If you call “scars”, dark spots on your face post electrolysis, it can also be hyperpigmentation and I’m sure it will resolve with time.

If you don’t mind, is it possible for you to post a photography with good light and no filters of the area on the forum, as IMHO, pictures worth much more than then thousand words.

Hope this helps

It’s her breast so I doubt we’ll have pictures lol.

To answer OP’s question, well they’re not scars yet. Obviously I don’t know how exactly you tried to get those ingrown hairs out, but the healing process can take several months (or even years) depending on the severity.

I don’t do any after care for anything, as I find the skin can heal itself quite well on its own. Also, in your case, I doubt creams will ‘‘mold’’ the skin back to normal after 1-2 month, but the natural healing process most probably will. Nothing you can do but wait for now!

But if you wanna be really extra invasive (and potentially? risky?), you could damage the skin again for it to maybe heal itself better (needling, laser, peels, at home or professional stuff, etc… in my opinion they all do the same thing but different intensities).

Haha yeah i don’t think a picture is appropriate. But thank you for the advice, i guess the natural healing will happen eventually. :slight_smile:

Sorry, I thought It would have been possible to do a close up shot to see only the “scars”

I have the name of a product In my mind. “Avene Cicalfate.” I used it after an injury on my forehead. I have now zero marks. You should maybe try it:)