My first thermolysis session (1 hour) will be next monday (!), and I would like to be as prepared as I can. I have follow your good advice and read a lot from the forum, but there’s still some things I’m a little unsure about, so I have some questions that I would be very grateful if I could get direct answers to:
- What is the best way that I can prepare my skin for the treatment? Should it be dry, cleaned in some way, moistrued or something? I will probably have thermolysis on my armpits first (because if something “goes wrong”, it won’t be that noticeable) and if there’s time left, also my arms.
- What is the best way to reduce the pain? I have heard of a topical cream, called “Emla” here in Sweden, that I should put on 1 & 1/2 hour before the treatment. Is this the only way or are there more ways to reduce the pain? Maybe some kind of pill…?
- How should I take care of the skin afterwards? Again, what is “the best way”? I have heard that both tea tree oil and aloe vera are good. I’m not sure though in what kind of dosage the tea tree oil and aloe vera should be in? 100 % pure or in some kind of mixture with other ingredients? And when should I use the tea tree oil respectively aloe vera on my skin? Are there any other products or “methods” (e.g. drinking lots of water & eating healthy) I should consider also, that are good for the skin-care?
- What is withez hazel (sp??)? Do you think it exists here in Sweden? I don’t know where to find it… <img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif" alt="" />
- Are there any important questions I should ask my new electrolgists? Like what equipment she uses or how high the “energy” (lack of a better word right now) on the settings is?
- How should I expect my skin in the armpit /arms to react? What is the “best reaction”, telling that you’ve received a good treatment?
Thank you so much for your time and any input you might have! I’m sorry if these questions have been asked over and over again, I just need some concrete answers to rely on. I’ll give you an update on how everything goes!Thank you so much again!