Images 2, 3 or more years after electrolysis

Hi there,

Still not sure if to go the step and get my private area electrolyzed, I am not searching images of treated areas 2, 3 ore more years after the final treatment. Does the skin especially in this area still show signs of the treatment? Dots. Pimples. Other colors.

How does it look compared to the skin right beside it that never had hair in the first place? Does it look the same kind of smooth or does it look just hairless, but you could tell that hair has grown there before?

I am only finding images of right after first second third treatment, but nothing after several years.

Additional question: how do you like your area now? Is it as you wished or did it not turn out to be as you thought it would?

I am so desperate to start but want to be sure.

Hi! There are some examples posted in the Mature Topics section.

Smoothie2000,
While the skin looks much smoother years later and the pores are smaller and refined, the pores are still there. They are important appentages of the skin and especially in the bikini area, they contain both - the sweat and the sebaceous glands, so they need to stay open just enough to provide the skin with its protective barrier.
Some people, especially darker skin types, who have suffered with inflamation around the hair follicles resulting in dot-like hyprpigmentation, may still see that look even though much lighter, years later. However, on the labial skin i have never seen any scarring or marking last.
What I am trying to say is that it is a very individual experience and what you may see in other people, may be different to what you get as a result. In every case, your skin will look better after electrolysis than before, but exact appearance is difficult to predict.

I could upload hundreds of photos showing the appearance of the skin 2 or 3 years after the beginning. All types of cases, in all areas, from any skin type, to any hair size and color.
The reason that there are so many “after” photos in my files is because 99% of my clients return to finish the treatments. This allows me to observe and document the evolution of each particular case.

Here is one of the most complex cases that I have had to face:

29-year-old woman of Asian origin (phototype V), very prone to develop a very marked hyperpigmentation. Most of the spots that the skin presented at the beginning, was due to hundreds of ingrown hairs that irritated her skin causing a multitude of black spots along the legs and bikini area. Many other spots were caused as a result of previous electrolysis treatments that were too aggressive in some cases, or too “sweet” in others (plucking).

Appearance of the skin at the beginning:( April 2014).

Right arm (treated by a previous electrologist too aggressive):

Left arm (without previous treatment):

Appearance of the legs at the beginning (previous electrolysis treatments with different practitioners):

Appearance of the skin 3 years later. (March 2017)

Arms:

Bikini area:

Legs (Some hyperpigmentation can still be seen, but it is clear that the skin has improved considerably)

Conclusion: The ability of our skin to regenerate itself is absolutely amazing. Do not be impatient, give it time to do its job!

4 Likes

You do beautiful work, Jossie. Your conclusion should be in capital letters. I had my arm hair removed in the 1970’s and I can testify that my skin in smooth and unblemished to this day. The pores can barely be seen.

Whether it be the genital area or the arms, as Jossie said, it turns out well. Give it time.

2 Likes

I certainly recommend electrolysis for your pubic region. My experience has been really good. I have no discoloration or marks and the skin looks just the same as the surrounding skin – only hair-free. The skin also is a lot more sensitive, which I really appreciate. And no more hair that gets accidentally pulled by wrapping around the package, etc.

For me, I used an electrolysist who works with an old Kree machine and doesn’t crank up the settings. So, even though it took some time to finally get a 99 percent clearance, I never had scabbing, discoloration or other adverse affects.

I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. I’m now moving on to working on my beard so I don’t have to shave very frequently. I have a beard but won’t need to shave my upper cheek whiskers and eventually not my neck either.

I totally recommend it all.

Thank you for your kind words Dee, I searched a little among my folders and I found this nice unpublished case. I think these images respond better to the request of the original poster:

0ctober 2014: Before

A few months later. (Before the second clearance):

October 2015: (Before the third clearance)

February 2016: Before the fourth clearance)

The machine with which this work was done is irrelevant. Scabs probably appeared, something that did not bother the client or me either. The only important thing is the final result as can be seen in the last pictures.

I never cease to be amazed anytime I see your work Josepha.

Thank you so much for all the photos, that is exactly what I was looking for, and did not find.

That gives ma a lot of confidence, this looks how I envisioned it.
the last image still shows some hairs. is that the end of the treatment or can those be eliminated too?
the skin looks redish where hair was. is that just the skin or result of the treatment?

Total elimination of the hairs can happen if that is what you want. When 99.9% of the hairs are permanently gone and the client says there are still hairs, I always smile for obvious reasons. If 0.1% of the hairs are showing, yes, you can make it 100%, if you so desire. What Josefa accomplished in the time frame she described is a miracle and a gift.

The redness may be there for awhile. The skin is still healing and that’s okay!! It’s called angiogenesis.

1 Like

I want to emphasize what Deedra calls a “gift” . Josepha is, in my opinion, the worlds best electrologist. She’s taken a lot of flack overr the years because others CANNOT obtain the results she does in the time frame she does, and I include MYSELF in that group.It’s fine to offer hope as to what is possible, but it’s not possible or realistic to expect the same results from another electrologist who doesnt match her skill set. So , it MIGHBT take longer, or more clearances, or a different strategy, and still not measure up to the yardstick that such results convey as possible.

It’s like expecting fine art at a local craft fair. Not too many will be able to produce Leonardo Da Vinci masterpieces every time, and you shouldnt expect them to.

1 Like

Seana, now I know who I have to call when I feel discouraged :wink:. No, I am far from being the best, but I admit that I keep trying to do better every day.

Can you believe me if I tell you that after 38 years I still continue to be surprised and excited every time I see photos of new cases in which the pattern repeats itself over and over again? And, do you understand why our Michael assures, and I subscribe to it, that Electrolysis is predictable with the right strategy and enough precision and energy?

I agree that each electrologist must thoroughly know his/her own % kill rate before promising something that he or she can not fulfill. You can only offer a guarantee after completing, at least, half a dozen cases in different facial and body areas.

I can believe you. I’m still surprised when i see my own results.
You have 38 years experience delivering your technique. If I lived to be 100 I still could never match that.

That leaves a little bit of insecureness for me as to if “100%” can be reached. From what I understand what happens during electrolysis and how hair growth works we would be nearing ourselves to 100%, with more and more dead hairs each time, if treated in the right growing phase and treated correctly.

So from what I would hope the last picture from above is not the end of “my” treatment, but a phase (and I understand, that other electrologist might take longer for that, or other skin might need longer repair in between treatments) where I would come in from time to time to have 3 or 4 or 20 hairs treated and then wait how many remain and if and how much those bother me?

Is there someone in Europe, preferably Germany, that you would recommend going to if I were searching for someone nearly gifted as Josepha?

No one?

Dr Beate Ritzert would be my suggestion in Germany. She’ located in Manheim I believe.