I want to thin my beard

Hello there

Firstly, I did do a search but did not find any posts with “thinning beard” in the subject.

I am a 29 year old male who has extremely coarse and thick facial and neck hair. I have yet to see anyone who has thicker/faster growth. I am interested in getting thermolysis (as I believe this is the quickest method) to thin my beard. I am not interested in full beard removal. I would be happy to get a 25% reduction in thickness. I know that for a full removal it could take 200+ hours, but given my desire for only a thinning of the beard I would suspect it would take much less. Anyone have any ideas as to how many treatments I would need? I am hoping to spend less than $1000 in total.

With your budget you would do best to see Fino’s kids or me.

I don’t know what you would call a success on this one. I do know that to thin the entire area, one would have to cover the whole space either removing every 10th hair, or, if what you are looking for is thinner hairs, treating them on low settings.

If of course, you are only looking for thinnning, and you are a good candidate, and you can find good practitioners and you both understand and don’t mind the risks of the potential side effects (here it is folks, something that you won’t see often here) then perhaps you may want to try Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation treatments. (more commonly knows as Long Term LASER Hair Reduction)

With your budget you would do best to see Fino’s kids or me.

I don’t know what you would call a success on this one. I do know that to thin the entire area, one would have to cover the whole space either removing every 10th hair, or, if what you are looking for is thinner hairs, treating them on low settings.

If of course, you are only looking for thinnning, and you are a good candidate, and you can find good practitioners and you both understand and don’t mind the risks of the potential side effects (here it is folks, something that you won’t see often here) then perhaps you may want to try Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation treatments. (more commonly knows as Long Term LASER Hair Reduction)

The research I have done indicates that LASER on male facial hair often results in patchy work…some hairs respond and some don’t and the end result looks very unusual.

Yes, you are correct, however, for some people, that is good enough to make them happy.

I did laser 5 times on my overly dense mustache. The only slight removal I had came in tiny patches. I’ve done electrolysis twice in the past 6 weeks and have seen good results so far, with far less damage than laser. You’re probably in for longer sessions, but I think you’ll be happy.