I think you need it

This product is what I expected from the infomercial - the infomercial is a good representation of what you’ll get. The DVDs are good, come in a small case (no excess packaging to exaggerate or compensate for lack of real product). The accompanying written materials are good too.
However, I found that I wasn’t quite in shape enough when P90X arrived to use it well. I went back and bought Tony Horton’s “Power Half Hour” and used that for a few weeks first - had to wake up some muscles I’ve let go dormant. I’ve been in good shape most of my life, but kind of got lazy lately - I needed to get a basic foundation before I could jump into the incredible workouts he provides.
Make no mistake; this is a commitment. The workouts are long, and hard, but they are engaging. No geeky cheesy cheerleader pep talks in the DVD, and no arrogant gym rat jerks either. If I win the lottery, I’ll try to hire Tony as my personal trainer; he has a good positive attitude, and seems to keep the workouts real with a sense of humility and humor.
The segment timer is great. Though the workouts are typically an hour long, he has “chunked” them down into segments, with a “progress bar” on the screen - kind of like the bar on the computer - so you can adjust your pace or your mindset with the workout.
Tony uses both men and women of differing degrees of flexibility and fitness; there’s always a body on the screen up there to help me with my own form.
I’m a former Marine - and this is used to replace my “daily thirteen.” If only I knew about some of these workouts back in the day… So I give it a thumbs up from the perspective of some really challenging workouts I’ve experienced in the past.
Overall, a good deal. But be warned, it isn’t for the fat couch potato. Like the infomercial says, its for folks that want to get in BETTER shape; the expectation is that you already are in shape and want to take it to the next level.
p90x workout
p90x download
rev abs