I need some advice

Hi everyone,

this is my very first post on the messageboard, and as such, I wanted to say HI.

Here is my deal: I am 6’5, I work out daily, and I have back hair. Needless to say, this is very very disturbing to me. I shave the upper part of my back, just so I can wear a tshirt and not have to be self conscious. However, because of the back hair, I dont go to the beach. I dont walk around with my shirt off. Worst of all is that it affects my self esteem.

At the reccomendation of a friend, I just wasted 20 dollars on “Epil Stop and Foam” (supposedly works wonders!!! YEAH RIGHT).

After the bar exam on July 30th and 31st, I am going to Miami. It goes without saying that I want to come back to NY nice and tanned. I will shave my back before/during my trip to Florida. Is there something I can apply to my shaved skin that will keep it smooth during the trip?

FInally, can someone recommend a laser hair removal facility with a good reputation in the NY metro area?

Thank for all your help!!!
-TallguyinNY

About four or five days before your trip, get a pro wax done on your back. That way you won’t have to worry about anything on your back during your trip.

If you have light skin and dark hair, laser is sometimes a good option.

There are lots of good places in NY-- I peronally have to avoid recommending specific practitioners for legal reasons, but if you’re having trouble, I can point you to where you can do more research.

Have a good vacation, and get that wax done in the next day or two!

Hi Andrea,
I’m also in the NY metro area, and would love to be pointed in the right direction as far as further research goes. So far, I’m certain that I want my laser person to also be a dermatologist. The phone book lists several practicioners who fit these specs, though this is obviously a horrible way of choosing a doctor.

Also, thanks so much for creating hairfacts.com.

Often a local lifestyle magazine like new York will have a yearly article on best doctors in the area. maybe you can track this down.