I NEED HELP

hi, ive just set up to this thing so not sure if im doing it rite.

I only have one question and one question only…

Can anyone tell me if they have been successful in clearing hair on their face by electrolysis.

I have PCOS an in my 2 year search I have not spoken to 1 person who has been confident in saying that they got their hairs permanently removed…im gettin so frustrated and find my days going in with tears treaming from my eyes…

I have hair on my upper lip which im treating with IPL and then going to finish with electrolysis and have been spending the last 8 months getting electro on my chin an neck an i can say that i am seeing a good result but i no ive still a long way to go :frowning:

Can anyone help me

Hi:

I had a much worse facial hair problem than you did,
but now have eliminated it completely.

Just stick with it and in time the hair will all
be gone. You have to stick with it through all the
regrowth cycles however.

James can tell you how long it should take if you stick
to a regular schedule. I’m guessing between a year and
a year and a half.

Alicia

Welcome to hairtell.

I have many PCOS’ers that end up successfully treated, but expect new hair to be stimulated throughout your lifespan. Treat whatever is noticable as time goes by. Pretty soon you will run out of bothersome hair follicles if you stay active in getting treatments as needed. Initially, you have to devote at least 9-18 months to the electrolysis process, but thereafter, it is usually quick cleanups 1-4 times a year, or maybe none??? Everyone is different.

A well-trained or re-trained professional electrologist knows how to successfully get the hair off permanently. Newer techniques along with newer technology for performing thermolysis will get you finished in 9-18 months of properly spaced appointments that coincide with hair growth cycles.

Tough, hormonally stimulated hair needs to punched and punched good and hard. Anyone who has not had success with electrolysis has not found a skilled electrologist who knows how to do this with EXPERTISE. You need to be guided through this so you understand what you need to do on your side of the fence. It is a partnership - a close partnership. You didn’t list your location. Maybe we could point the way forward in regard to finding some of the very best electrologists near you.

Dee

Many thanks for the help.

I have been going to weekly sessions for 7 months of 30mins and at present I can go every 2 weeks for around 20mins so at least im seeing some improvement. I can thankfully say i am noticeing a difference but the problem now is that due to the spread of hair around my chin and right down to my mid neck they are becoming finer and my electrolysis is finding them hard to get as they are difficult to see.

I have started the IPL on my tache as they are extremely dark and I am hoping in january after 8 sessions that they will have reduced and at the very least have weakened enough so that the electrolysis wont take as long to get the rest cleared.

I can say that I am satisifed with my electro woman as she has 25 years of experience and having tried 3 other women I find her the best so have stuck with here.

It just annoys me when every doctor and even some electroysis tell you that the hairs will never go…thats just something you do not tell a 22 year old girl!!! I have alot of fair hair also all around my face but I dont mind them I can live with them.

Gradually week after week I am regaining some confidence, but now that I have spoken with someone who has been successful it gives me the glimmer of hope that I am after…so I thank you for it…can I ask, how long it actually took to clear you? and how often do you go for your top ups?

Another question which I have been fearing is that…as PCOS is mostly only treatable, I have been on hormone treatment which I do believe has helpoed significantly…I only intend coming off this pill when I decide I want to have children, so the question to anyone would be, if you have been in the same situation have you regained the full growth of hair after coming of the pill?

Sorry just one last question, with regard to the scaring is there any kind of cream on the market that can get rid of it…at present I simply use tea tree creams but im finding my skin is been left with red dots that seem to be permanently stuck there unless I cover with make up you can see them :frowning:

Many thanks for your comments…

If you have PCOS and you’re on medication, the growth is being controlled. So you’re removing hair permanently and not producing new hairs. If you stop the medication, your body will start producing NEW hair again. So you will need touchups in that case to kill this new hair when it grows.

Are you getting full clearances every time you leave your electrologist’s office? You should be.

IPl is not great for hair removal. Please read our FAQs at the link below. Laser is good, but only for hair that’s all dense and coarse. If you have a mixture and most of the hair is not coarse like that on bikini and underarms, you should stick with electrolysis for those areas. Laser can actually make things worse if you treat fine hair.

You shouldn’t be getting any scarring. Can you describe what you’re seeing in more detail and how long it’s lasting? Any effects of electrolysis should be gone within a week after the treatment, and you should never retreat skin that hasn’t healed yet. If you have side effects last longer than that, the electrologist is not doing their job correctly and you need to address it with her.

Hi LAgirl,

Things are looking bright for me at the moment, my chin and neck is clearing well but im still at my 2weekly sessions, i do notice the odd ones pop up again and again but they are gettin so tiny at the minute that a bit of make up during the day covers them so that keeps me going for the 2weeks, cant wait to start electro on my tache after seeing the results on my chin and neck i have every faith that it will work, i reckon another 2 years and il be satisfied…I just think at times PCOS sufferers have to deal with these problems on their own, and I can assure you that only I am a strong person and great bunch of family and friends I dont no were I would be at the minute…

Thanks for the help, ill report in in another feww months, I hope that anyone reading this who has the same problem that they need to give it time, but IPL or laser dont work, i wish someone had told me that before I started it…

Speak soon

My observations over a long period of time has been that properly performed electrolysis is the sure bet for a womans facial hair, with all the different hair structures and hair colors. Nothing, and I mean nothing comes close to a full permanent solution than electrolysis in the year 2009. Until something is “invented” that is better than electrolysis, save LASER reduction for body hair that is coarse and dark and get electrolysis for the face especially, even though a modern, re-trained electrolysis can do body areas as well.

It is good to hear your story and that you are hopeful for better days ahead. Positivity is in short supply for many.

Dee