I NEED HELP

I really need help… and have a huge problem. I’m asian and i have a lot of hair on my legs, hands, bikini area and even have a slight moustache… the thing is… i’m a GIRL! im only 20… and i started shaving my legs at the age of 15. i do not shave other areas of the body besides my legs because i do not want to go through the same problem as i am going through now.
Now, once after i shave, i notice that the hair follicles are black. So which means… there are plenty of black dots all over my leg… and are very visible, because i’m fair like a caucasian and have dark black hair. Now, my hair is very thick and dark and sharp! If i shave during the day, once it comes to the afternoon and hair starts growing… my legs are like razors… they are so rough and sharp!My boyfriend knows i shave but i wouldnt let him touch my legs cos i’m so embarassed. My mother feels sorry for me and there’s nothing she can do about it. I do not wear skirts nor shorts out of the house… not even my own room because i’m so embarassed… friends always ask me why i do not show my legs but i only answered " because i have ugly fat legs" which is not true because i have a great body.
So What am i supposed to do??? If i marry, i will not even let my husband touch me… what am i to do?? And i can’t just wear long pants day in day out… i feel so useless… I feel like i can’t live a normal life.

Please… can anyone help me/!!!

i know EXACTLY how you feel! when i shave, i am still left with black dots and when the hair grows back its sharp! i also have thick black hair and fair legs.

honey, this is my advice… let the hair grow a bit and try waxing or sugaring. this way, the black dots will be minimized and you will be hair free for couple of weeks. i warn you could get ingrown hairs and your legs will itch when the hair starts to grow out the skin… but it will only be like that for couple of days , in which you can wax again.

so try that and dont worry so much… you are not alone and this problem is not something we should worry too much about… its something we have to live with and dont let it bring you down. be proud of your nice figure, dress like you dont care what others think… and if your boyfriend/husband is a good guy, ,he will be undertanding and wouldnt care about the black dots.

by the way… you probably notice them way more than others. so dont worry about it too much and dry waxing or sugaring and see how it works out. (plz get a professional to do it for you, since it probably is your first time)

good luck!

Thank you so much! I feel much better to know that i’m not alone… well… i’ve tried cold wax… it hurts though… but i’ll do anything! However, i can’t seem to get a clean wax… i still get some hairs sticking here and there… and when the hair grows… it itches… yes… but it pokes when it starts to grow… like there are stubs on my legs… what can i do about that? exfoliate to get them out? i’ll have to wait till my hair becomes slightly longer before i can wax again rite… sigh… WHY WHY WHY!!! EEKKKK!! I’ve thought of laser or electrolysis… however… the thought of scarring freaks me out!
By the way, what is sugaring? It’s really the first time i’ve heard of it!!
Any also, i’ve read products such as creams/gels that will lengthen the time before hair grows again. Do these work?
After i shave or wax, is there anything i’m supposed to apply?
THANKS!

hi there again,

try hot wax for a change… thats what i use and its not that bad. try going to a professional and see how that goes… or get a buddy and do it together.

sugaring is like waxing… same idea… but it has easier cleanup… its technicaly the same as waxing and if you become an expert at it… you can make it at home yourself!

do a search for it in this forum and you’ll get alot of info.

aftercare for waxing… make sure excess wax is off… after i tend to wash my legs with cold water to reduce redness and whatever… and then i slop on aleo vera gel. for the exfoliating. YES! do it! in the shower, scrub your legs with a lofa or whatever (do this every time you shower) and it will help release those hairs growing out. and you can use exfoliating creams. . like the same for the face… but just for the body.

about creams or gels… well i used diplotories or whatever they are called and i did not like them. they smell and dont really do a good job for thick black hair.

good luck sista and dont stress!! i still get the black dots and i learned not to care about it! i am human!

I really need help…i have a lot of hair on my legs, hands, bikini area and even have a slight moustache… the thing is… i’m a GIRL! im only 20… and i started shaving my legs at the age of 15. i do not shave other areas of the body besides my legs because i do not want to go through the same problem as i am going through now.

If i shave during the day, once it comes to the afternoon and hair starts growing… my legs are like razors… they are so rough and sharp!My boyfriend knows i shave but i wouldnt let him touch my legs cos i’m so embarassed. My mother feels sorry for me and there’s nothing she can do about it. I do not wear skirts nor shorts out of the house… not even my own room because i’m so embarassed… friends always ask me why i do not show my legs but i only answered " because i have ugly fat legs" which is not true because i have a great body.
So What am i supposed to do??? If i marry, i will not even let my husband touch me… what am i to do?? And i can’t just wear long pants day in day out… i feel so useless… I feel like i can’t live a normal life.

Please… can anyone help me/!!!

Stop worrying yourself sick. Your boyfriend knows you shave,so what are you worrying about?

I was shaving my mustache every day from the time I was fifteen. Get a decent (men’s type) electric shaver for your face – and get your boyfriend to shave it – he’ll love doing it.

My husband loves my face when it’s bristly in the morning – he likes to rub his lips gently over the bristly bits. Make sure your boyfriend does touch it all – don’t keep it back from him. You’ll know then he loves you with it. My husband says that my hairiness was one of the first things to attract him to me.