I need a machine.(?)

Hello all. I am wanting to do my own electrolysis at home. But I don’t have a machine and am not sure how much money I really need to spend on one. I’ve seen the One Touch but it seems to good to be true. Any suggestions?\

Edited to add that my husband and I are on this venture together! He will be learning this with me so I can do his trouble spots and he can do mine.

We are considering the upgraded One Touch thing. He is very good with electronics. Any thoughts?

Kat

How much of an upgrade can you afford?
Uniprobe.com has a machine for 299.00 and it lists as a pro machine.
I’ve used the one touch and they don’t last long. So get yourself a good machine or buy the one touch in bulk.
I have the uniprobe that sells for 899.00 and I’m really loving it. You can get a box of disposable probes$16.00/50 and you can get a mixed box of 2mm up.
I’ve bought 4 machines on ebay.
1 was a aavex it never showed up.
1 was a sudonna (piece of junk)
1 I’m still not sure of and the last is the uniprobe.
On all equipment buyer beware and good luck!!

We do recommend people looking to buy machines buy only from our list of legitimate manufacturers, and as far as Ebay goes, one should stick to stuff listed in our DIY forum’s legitimate machines on Ebay Thread. Anything listed there is at least a real professional machine, and can be restored to perfect working order (if need be) by Dr. Myron Heimlich at Texas Electrolysis Supply 1-800-626-6025. Of course, you could eliminate any worry over the product working by purchasing a used machine direct from Texas Electrolysis Supply. They buy used machines and refurbish them to original, or better than original condition and resell them.

I was looking at the Uniprobe Lite. I think it may be the the machine you are referring to for 299.00. Our price range is 300-500. I’m feeling a little discouraged that I will not find a machine that is dependable within that price range.

I would go to a pro, but I have yet to find one here in Naples. So for now we are researching and hoping to come a across a good quality machine that we can afford.

Kat

I’ll look into that. I still fear the used ones will be out of our price range.

Kat

Hello,

I just wanted to touch base with you. I am now in contact with Dr. Heimlich and he says he does have a used machine in my price range and can ship to me. Also he says he can send me a book on electrolysis. However, he asked me if I am interested in blend or thermolysis. I remember reading something you wrote about preferring a blend machine becasue they do both… but I cannot find the thread. I’ve searched blend and thermolysis.

For a couple of newbies who will be practicing on each others legs at first (totally don’t want to scars on my face), which machine type would you suggest?

Kat

You got it right. I suggest a blend capable machine, as it will allow you to do all 3 methods of electrolysis. You can start your baby steps in Galvanic while you still don’t know how to even do a good insertion. When you get the insertion going well, you can increase your speed by moving up to blend, and when you know what you are doing on making both insertions and creating a good setting, you can step up to the fast lane with thermolysis.

That is how you progress to the point where you can do fast work well.

I suggest a blend capable machine, as it will allow you to do all 3 methods of electrolysis. You can start your baby steps in Galvanic while you still don’t know how to even do a good insertion. When you get the insertion going well, you can increase your speed by moving up to blend, and when you know what you are doing on making both insertions and creating a good setting, you can step up to the fast lane with thermolysis.

Hey, I was wondering - why don’t you differentiate between slow and fast thermolysis? Some of the DIY’ers see slow thermo machines and think they are dangerous, but if anything, those machines are safer than blend machines, no?

Thanks! That’s what I thought I read. Between the two of us there is enough hair to become real pros!