I have a serious problem

Realistically, for that area how many treatments (appointments) do you think it would take to completely discontinue these hairs.

Does anyone have any idea how many appointments it would probably take to permanently remove the hair in the eyebrow region

You would need to see an electrologist so he or she could see how much hair you have.

Generally speaking, the thicker hairs are removed first followed by medium size hairs. Since this is a small area it must not be over worked. Typically, a session needs to be limited to no more than 15 or 20 minutes. Once you get first clearance you will be very happy with the look, but you WILL NOT be finished with electrolysis yet because hair grows in cycles. That means, over the next 9-12 months, you will need to go in for clean up sessions about every 3-4 weeks to get hair that wasn’t available to treat in the beginning. Towards the end (9-12 months) things come under permanent control and you have very little to do, unless your body is genetically programed to keep stimulating new follicles in that area???

Basically, the middle part of the eyebrow is a very small area with A LOT of hair, but electrolysis is king for such an area if you want it removed permanently.

I am actually removing my 17 year old son’s middle eyebrow hair, but we have just started. One session has made a huge difference in his look and he tolerated it very well and he healed well very quickley.

Dee

Let’s try this:

If it cost you $30 once or twice a month for one year to never worry about this ever again, would that be worth it to you? If so, the good news is it would cost less, because soon you would not need to go as frequently.

You do not have a “serious problem”, you have a Unibrow…there’s a word for it because so many people have them.

You say you plucked…what is wrong with plucking (“tweezing”)? Why did you move to shaving? NEVER SHAVE YOUR EYEBROWS. I think you should forget about electrolysis for now and just tweeze.

Just go to the drug store and get a good pair of tweezers for ten dollars and tweeze the hairs out. It might hurt like hell the first few times, but you’ll get used to it, just like the girls at your school are learning to get used to the pain of tweezing their eyebrows. If your mom is around, or if you have a sister, confide in her and ask her for help. They will likely be touched that you asked and will be glad to help you. Or if you’re straight, get a cute girlfriend…if she’s anything like me, she’ll demand you let her attack that unibrow for you.

Electrolysis is a commitment and an expense that might be worth it for the long run, but I think you’ll be satisfied with the results if you just learn how to tweeze them out.

As for the hairs above and below your eyebrows, those are just stray eyebrow hairs. You are only noticing them because you are staring at your eyebrows in the mirror so much. Please buy some tweezers and just pull the hairs out. I swear it’s all you need to do.

yeah but, i started shaving them which made them grow faster andsuch, i dont think tweezing will help the process any different

No, tweezing certainly isn’t the correct answer to this. No “Professional” electrologist would or should ever recommend this approach. Yes you can tweeze for a short term effect but the proper approach would be to remove these hairs permanently if you are after the results that I think you want. And that is the elimination of the hairs growing between your eyebrows, i.e. the unibrow. Also the hairs growing above and below your eyebrow. I know lots of people are addicted to their tweezers and I have seen some of the negative aftereffects of some of these procedures as well. Example: ingrown hairs, infections, et al. So this is why I myself recommend that the person do justice to her/him self and have the procedure done correctly whether it is by a professional electrologist or if there are DIY’s out there whom feel they can do the procedure correctly to one another.

If you tweeze the hair out, removing it by the root, the hair takes much much longer to re-appear. If you shave, it will be back within the next couple days. There is a massive difference between shaving and tweezing. If you want coarse, ever-present hairs between your eyebrows, keep shaving that area.

Did you ask your mom or a sister about this yet? I know you are probably embarrassed, but just take a deep breath and say “Mom, I have a unibrow, what should I do?”

I assume someone is going to have to drive you to the electrologist, if you end up doing electrolysis, so you are going to have to talk to a real family member about this eventually. A lot of people on this site are big electrology cheerleaders. This is probably the first time you’ve ever tried to remove any hair on your body, and I think you should try looking to someone like YOUR MOM for more appropriate advice than you might find here. Furthermore I highly doubt that ANYONE would treat you without an adult’s permission, considering your age. I get the feeling you are trying to deal with this without telling anyone. If that’s what you want, electrology is not an option. You can’t pull electrolysis off without one of your parents or a guardian knowing about it.

Eigth grade sucks. And going from eigth grade to your freshman year is scary. I know you want that hair gone. But what some of these people are forgetting to tell you is that the hair HAS TO BE PRESENT for the electrologist to treat it. That means you will have to let the hairs grow, and wear them to school, if you want electrolysis. If you tweeze, you just grab each one as soon as its little head is poking up. Grab, pull, done.

I don’t make money off of any hair removal method, which allows me to see this problem for what it is: a simple unibrow combined with puberty, anxiety and the wonders of junior high school. Remember those? THEY SUCKED.

I’ve been tweezing my eyebrows for about ten years and I have extremely sensitive skin. I have NEVER gotten an ingrown hair or an infection on my eyebrows from tweezing. I get them everywhere else, but never there. All of my girlfriends tweeze their eyebrows, none of them have any problems at all. Based on my experience, you could tweeze your eyebrows for a little while without hurting yourself, I’m sure. Unless you dip the tweezers in dog poop or shove them into your eyeball, you’ll be okay. But, everyone’s different.

If electrolysis is what you truly want, then you should get it. But I think you just don’t want anyone to see any hairs between your eyes, which is not necessarily the same thing.

I am not trying to promote anything except reality. Someone’s got to do it.

You may like tweezing and if you’re happy with that, then thats okay. Some people are okay with a unibrow also. Others may not be okay with a unibrow. Those persons may be looking for options on how to deal with this predicament. And I am only expressing an option which is both viable and permanent, from a professional perspective. Money is not the option in this discussion, rather it revolves around looking at solutions and making the right informed choices. Best to keep an open mind and not jump to conclusions. Look at all the data objectively and make the choice that you feel is right for you. If you feel that tweezing is right for you, then thats cool. Others may like waxing and thats fine if they feel okay with that. Still others are exploring electrolysis and what it can do for them. Many people are exploring laser treatment, threading, etc. etc. There are a lot of good people on this forum expressing first hand experiences. For the uninformed, this gives them an opportunity to learn about options available to them and how to make informed choices that fit their particular circumstances. One size does not fit all.
Good luck.

Wow thanks guys for all this supportive help. Yeah, people when looking at me can tell i shave, and i always use the excuse that a firework explode and created those dots… I know it sounds lame but its the only thing people believe…oh and i found this, im sure it probably doesnt work but iwas looking at this. http://www.ulluvthis.com/theproducts.cfm?subcat=850&cat=57

http://www.ulluvthis.com/theproducts.cfm?subcat=850&cat=57

Looked at the above URL and my suggestion is that you be safe and concentrate on this forum and read the experiences of & learn from some of the people who have been burned by these scams. Save your money.

Well, ive got my momconsidering it now. But can someone help me find some professionals in columbus or in grove city of ohio. Thanks

Actually im not sure if there are any in either cities. Let me know

Anyone know of anywhere?

HairTell Member “Dfahey” is a professional electrologist in the Columbus area, and a member of our informal “Electrologist SuperFriends”. I have had work done by her, and highly recommend her to you. (now that I have actually had work done by her, I can say more than, “She is a very nice lady”)

Contact her and set up a consult.

If your mom is motivated to drive you to New Albany, then I would be very happy to see and advise you.

I see that you are from the Grove City area, which is a southwest suburb of Columbus and I am located in a northeast suburb of Columbus (New Albany), which may not gain your mom’s interest very well to drive you that far. If she is willing to help you on this one, then I would be very glad to see you.

Otherwise, may I suggest to you that there is another electrologist closer to you in Grove City that I recently met at a continuing education course that has an office on Broadway. She seemed very nice and professional, but I can’t tell you about what kind of work she does. Her name is Amy Sestino and her office is located in Broadway Designs. Phone number is 614-875-5090 ext. 32.

You will need your mom’s co-operation to drive you to your appointments, but perhaps Amy’s office is a bus ride away or even better yet, a walk away from where you live.

You can private message me if you and your mom have other questions.

Dee

If i got electrolicis. Can elevtrolicis get rid of bushyness? and also if i get electrolicis while im young will my eyebrows or something look wierd if my face stretches…?

No to the last question.

Electrolysis can pinpoint and destroy each offending hair, hair by hair,so yes, it is the best and only way for decreasing the bushiness . Is that a word?

Dee

If it is the pain that you are worried about, I can confidently assure you that the hype is way overdone. I thoroughly looked into electrolyisis before I began my sessions and asked my electrologist a million questions (she’s really nice) only to find out IT’S NO BIG DEAL! Yes, they do insert a needle into the hair follicle and the pain is absolutely minimal. I equated the feeling to a prick (I’m getting my arms done).