I got pregnant while on Spiro! Help!!

I stopped taking spiro exactly 30 days ago… today I got a positive pregnancy test results - my last period was 36 days ago…
How does this affect the pregnancy? This was totally unplanned…

there would be more cause for worry if you were taking this in the later term of pregnancy, but much less risk in the first trimester.

In a surveillance study of Michigan Medicaid recipients involving 229,101 completed pregnancies conducted between 1985 and 1992, 31 newborns had been exposed to spironolactone during the 1st trimester (F. Rosa, personal communication, FDA, 1993). Two (6.5%) major birth defects were observed (one expected), one of which was an oral cleft (none expected). No anomalies were observed in five other categories of defects (cardiovascular defects, spina bifida, polydactyly, limb-reduction defects, and hypospadias) for which specific data were available.

Late term exposure has been linked to "feminization " of male children and abnormalities of the sexual organs.

This is a question for your doctor as I’m sure you know, so she/he can be made aware of this. Many healthy newborns have come forth to see the light of day even though their mothers have unknowingly exposed them to medications and other elements during the first trimester.